TX match on Feb 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's a quick question. The match results for the TMDSAS schools are supposed to be posted online on Feb 1 which falls on a Sunday. Have they posted results on weekends in the past or does the fact that Feb 1 is on a Sunday mean that we'll have to wait until Monday Feb 2 to find out the results?

Members don't see this ad.

they'll be up at midnight on February 1 - some people checked into it a few weeks ago

Thanks for the info. Logging onto that website Feb 1 will be like logging on to check your MCAT score all over again. You know what would be sad? If you log on around 11:58PM Jan 31 and keep checking to see what pops up in your "matched schools" section and nothing shows up and you think they're just slow updating the site when you actually didn't get into any of the schools. So you keep checking for like half an hour until you realize it's not that they didn't update the site but because you didn't get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
i probably wont check it til the afternoon of the 1st...i predict major server ownage around midnight :oops:

Originally posted by Alexander99
You know what would be sad? If you log on around 11:58PM Jan 31 and keep checking to see what pops up in your "matched schools" section and nothing shows up and you think they're just slow updating the site when you actually didn't get into any of the schools. So you keep checking for like half an hour until you realize it's not that they didn't update the site but because you didn't get in.

fo shizzle :eek: +pity+

speaking of bad things, has this ever happened to anyone:

it says on the website, your acceptance isn't official until you receive a letter. what if it said you matched, but there was a computer glitch and you actually didn't!

Originally posted by Jonathanamine
speaking of bad things, has this ever happened to anyone:

it says on the website, your acceptance isn't official until you receive a letter. what if it said you matched, but there was a computer glitch and you actually didn't!

That would be terrible. Or how about an official acceptance in the mail. You celebrate for a while and take a closer look a few days later only to find it's addressed to the wrong person. And when you call to find out what happened, they tell you you were actually rejected and the letter was sent to the wrong address. That would be the absolute worst.

+pity+

My goodness you guys are freakin me out :) I am waiting for my acceptance to UCD for upper division classes....man that better not happen :scared:

Texas has a match in order to get into med school? I've seen these "Texas Match" posts, but don't know anything else about this. Could someone explain?
thanks

Basically, the way it works is you interview at TX schools (Baylor not included.) Once you're done interviewing, you rank the schools according to which school is your top choice, second choice, etc. Then, the med schools numerically rank their applicants. After that, there are 3 possibilities:

1. You get into the school you ranked the highest. You are automatically withdrawn from the schools you ranked lower.

2. You get into a school other than the one you ranked highest. You are technically waitlisted at the schools ranked higher than the one you got into and withdrawn from any schools ranked lower than the one you got into.

3. You don't get into any of the schools you ranked (interviewed at.)

So the system basically keeps you from holding more than one acceptance at a TX system school. It actually makes a lot of sense and prevents the inefficient system that many AMCAS schools adopt of waitlisting a bunch of applicants and making them wait forever only to eventually accept them.

When I applied a couple of years back, the match date fell on a Monday holiday (I wanna say MLK day)...

Anyways, I remember going to the school's website really late on Friday and the school had posted their match list online. I also remembered how I looked really carefully to make sure I saw what I saw because I had a little bit too much to drink that night.

So you might consider logging on early to see if schools post up their own lists before the Feb 1 match date (Sunday?).

My match results didn't come in until 12:01am on Feb first (I checked at 11:55pm and no results!) I also didn't have any problems accessing the website or my results at that time last year and I only have dial up. Anyhow, checking some school's websites is a good idea but I don't think all the schools post results. I'm sure everyone will do just fine. It's the start of a completely different kind of life.

Good luck everyone!!!!