TX Med School "Upper Level BIOL Course" Qualifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

daaarn

Okay, I didn't see this in the official TMDSAS sticky so I figure I'll start a thread. For Texas schools, which classes qualify for that extra 6hrs of upper level Biology requirement?

Summer school deadlines are coming up and my advisers are unreachable at this point so I need to know quick. One of the BIOL classes I am considering has a blurb saying that it is "designed as a science elective open to all majors." Does this mean it doesn't count? I know the official TMDSAS website says that "Courses for non-science majors or for health career majors (Nursing, Pharmacy or Allied Health Sciences) ARE NOT ACCEPTED" but I dont know if my class's description means it's a course for non-science majors. Also, is Neuroscience considered a qualifying biology course?

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I didn't see this in the official TMDSAS sticky so I figure I'll start a thread. For Texas schools, which classes qualify for that extra 6hrs of upper level Biology requirement?

Summer school deadlines are coming up and my advisers are unreachable at this point so I need to know quick. One of the BIOL classes I am considering has a blurb saying that it is "designed as a science elective open to all majors." Does this mean it doesn't count? I know the official TMDSAS website says that "Courses for non-science majors or for health career majors (Nursing, Pharmacy or Allied Health Sciences) ARE NOT ACCEPTED" but I dont know if my class's description means it's a course for non-science majors. Also, is Neuroscience considered a qualifying biology course?

Thanks for the help.

Most universities have a numbering system for classifying classes. UT Austin for example, x00-x25 is lower division, x26-x79 is upper division, and x80+ is graduate. I image your university's course catalog will have most if not all of hte relevant information.

Here at A&M anything 300 or 400 level is upper level. What is the class called? I think anything genetics, biol, biochem, that kind of thing. But I'm not sure. what school are you at and maybe someone there knows? I understand if you want to stay anon though
Edit: I think neuro sci would count