Typed or Handwritten Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chiku

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a better idea to type or hand write the biographical information for our secondary applications? In regards to the essay there is no question, but for the actual secondary form if I want to type it I would need to find a typewriter. Do you think its worth it? Also does anyone know if I could insert text into a pdf file? If that is possible then I could do that instead. Thanks :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Chiku said:
Is it a better idea to type or hand write the biographical information for our secondary applications? In regards to the essay there is no question, but for the actual secondary form if I want to type it I would need to find a typewriter. Do you think its worth it? Also does anyone know if I could insert text into a pdf file? If that is possible then I could do that instead. Thanks :idea:

Always try to type. If that's not an option, then use typewriter. If it's in a PDF format, I encourage you to buy Adobe Writer, this way you can type into the PDF form. Handwrite only as a last resort.

If you don't want to buy Adobe Writer, this software is usually on your school's workstations. I go in, do the work there, then send the form back to myself on email. I can print out or whatever at home, just can't type in without the full package.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe you can actually type in Adobe Acrobat (the free version), but you just can't save. Some secondaries, however, do not actually have text boxes embedded in the secondary. For those, you'd have to actually edit the secondary to put in text boxes. That can only be done with Adobe Acrobat (the paid for version).

Either way, I would suggest you type if you can. If you simply can't do it though, don't worry. That's not going to decide your future.

Scan it, type it in with Adobe write, and print it, if it's not available in electronic format, or if it's a locked pdf.

There is a little company that makes a program called PDF995. You can use it to make any file into a PDF file, as well as edit PDF, and other things. As the name suggests, the software is $9.95.

www.pdf995.com

Yes, and you can borrow my horse and buggy to go to your interview. (Sorry, I couldn't resist - no offense intended).