types of B.S. degrees in health allied

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Navy doc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a nuclear medicine (B.S.) student with a minor in biology. I would like to know students who got in to dental shool with a health allied degree and what type of degree was it? I know most students apply with a B.S. in biology. Also, what schools and type of gpa/dat? I just want to see if it is a disadvantage to apply with this type of degree.:confused:
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am a nuclear medicine (B.S.) student with a minor in biology. I would like to know students who got in to dental shool with a health allied degree and what type of degree was it? I know most students apply with a B.S. in biology. Also, what schools and type of gpa/dat? I just want to see if it is a disadvantage to apply with this type of degree.:confused:
Thanks

I do not believe that it is a disadvantage. If anything it is going to help you stand out. I mean come on...................how many other applicants will have a BS in nuclear med? Not many; if any.

I personally have a AAS in DH (dental hygiene) and a BS in DH. My stats are at my pre-dents profile so feel free to take a look.

I am currently waitlisted at two schools and am anticipating being accepted this cycle.

Thanks

Big difference between those who apply and those who get accepted. When you look at those who are accepted, any given class will have a wide variety of degrees. There are always the largest group who have their biology major, but there are a lot who don't. There are thsoe who were engineering majors, lit majors, business majors, health career majors (Nurses, PT, Physicians, etc.), education majors, etc. As long as you hve competative stats, you will be fine! Don't worry that your degree isn't with the norm. You actually want to stand out.

Members don't see this ad :)
BS in General Science