• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

Navy doc

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I am a nuclear medicine (B.S.) student with a minor in biology. I would like to know students who got in to dental shool with a health allied degree and what type of degree was it? I know most students apply with a B.S. in biology. Also, what schools and type of gpa/dat? I just want to see if it is a disadvantage to apply with this type of degree.:confused:
Thanks

rdhdds1

10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2007
AZ
Status
Pre-Dental
I am a nuclear medicine (B.S.) student with a minor in biology. I would like to know students who got in to dental shool with a health allied degree and what type of degree was it? I know most students apply with a B.S. in biology. Also, what schools and type of gpa/dat? I just want to see if it is a disadvantage to apply with this type of degree.:confused:
Thanks
I do not believe that it is a disadvantage. If anything it is going to help you stand out. I mean come on...................how many other applicants will have a BS in nuclear med? Not many; if any.

I personally have a AAS in DH (dental hygiene) and a BS in DH. My stats are at my pre-dents profile so feel free to take a look.

I am currently waitlisted at two schools and am anticipating being accepted this cycle.

N

NAVY DDS 2010

Thanks
Big difference between those who apply and those who get accepted. When you look at those who are accepted, any given class will have a wide variety of degrees. There are always the largest group who have their biology major, but there are a lot who don't. There are thsoe who were engineering majors, lit majors, business majors, health career majors (Nurses, PT, Physicians, etc.), education majors, etc. As long as you hve competative stats, you will be fine! Don't worry that your degree isn't with the norm. You actually want to stand out.

About the Ads

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
About the Ads