Ponce Health Sciences University Class of 2030 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ryxndek

D4 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Link to last year's thread: Ponce Health Sciences University School of Dental Medicine Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Ponce Health Sciences University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!

Link to school website: Ponce Health Sciences University School of Dental Medicine

Class of 2028 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.41
Science GPA: 3.24
DAT: 16.4AA, 16.2TS, 18.0PAT
Applied: 304
OOS: 153 Applied, 13 Accepted
IS: 135 Applied, 95 Accepted
International: 16 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 50

**This is a brand new school. Some brief things to note:
- It has initial accreditation
- It does require the DAT to apply, recommending a minimum score of at least 15AA and 15PAT
- A minimum overall/science GPA of 2.7 is required with at least 90 credits completed, however, having a bachelor's is not required but is strongly recommended
- Applicants must be bilingual in both English and Spanish, with 12 credits of Spanish and English being a prerequisite
 
Hi everyone! Will be applying to this school for the second time. Didn't even got an interview last year. Anyone else here on the same boat? What were your stats? DAT and GPA? If you had an interview, how was it? I visited the school in person last year before the first class began and was very impressed with the technology used for learning. Trying to get all the feedback I can early in the game😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Will be applying to this school for the second time. Didn't even got an interview last year. Anyone else here on the same boat? What were your stats? DAT and GPA? If you had an interview, how was it? I visited the school in person last year before the first class began and was very impressed with the technology used for learning. Trying to get all the feedback I can early in the game😀
Hi! I’m also applying this year for the first time, I got a 400AA and have 3.45 gpa. Are you a resident of PR? PR schools do give way more priority to residents.
 
Hi! I’m also applying this year for the first time, I got a 400AA and have 3.45 gpa. Are you a resident of PR? PR schools do give way more priority to residents.
Hi! Those are amazing stats! You shouldn't have any problems getting in! I am not a resident of Puerto Rico. I currently live in Florida, but I was born and raised in PR, and lived there until I was 28, when I moved to FL 😀
 
Hi! Those are amazing stats! You shouldn't have any problems getting in! I am not a resident of Puerto Rico. I currently live in Florida, but I was born and raised in PR, and lived there until I was 28, when I moved to FL 😀
Have you heard anything back for interviews 😭? I haven’t yet and it’s stressing me out
 
Hi yall! Did anyone hear back about the interviews/have any info? I have mine soon and am trying to learn more about the school! <3
 
Hi yall! Did anyone hear back about the interviews/have any info? I have mine soon and am trying to learn more about the school! <3
I haven't heard anything back 🙁 I did call last week and they told me interviews were already going. Getting a little anxious now 🙁
 
Hi! No I still haven’t heard anything 🙁 How was the interview?
It was good! Got a little nervous with the Spanish portion of my interview as I always blank when I need to use some words, but it was nice and quick! All through Zoom too so no need for travel!
 
I haven't heard anything back 🙁 I did call last week and they told me interviews were already going. Getting a little anxious now 🙁
Im sure they’re going through order of rolling admissions! I applied second week of June, so still have hope!!!
 
I haven't heard anything back 🙁 I did call last week and they told me interviews were already going. Getting a little anxious now 🙁

It was good! Got a little nervous with the Spanish portion of my interview as I always blank when I need to use some words, but it was nice and quick! All through Zoom too so no need for travel!
Omg yay! I’m so glad it all went good for you haha ! I saw your other comment about how you applied way earlier in the cycle so you give me hope 🙏🙏😭. I applied mid October. Would you mind sharing your stats ?
 
Omg yay! I’m so glad it all went good for you haha ! I saw your other comment about how you applied way earlier in the cycle so you give me hope 🙏🙏😭. I applied mid October. Would you mind sharing your stats ?
My stats are nothing crazy haha 😅 I got a 20 AA on the DAT, have a GPA of ~3.5, around 200 hours of shadowing, but I got my degree in Biomedical Engineering & Chemistry and went to a T20 school 🙂 Hope this helps!
 
Did anyone get the invite to interview through the language department? That's not an admissions interview, is it? I'm confused, are there 2 total?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get the invite to interview through the language department? That's not an admissions interview, is it? I'm confused, are there 2 total?
Hey! I actually just got an interview but I’m pretty sure it is for admissions. I’m under the impression that’s it’s just one interview, I don’t know though!
 
Hey! I actually just got an interview but I’m pretty sure it is for admissions. I’m under the impression that’s it’s just one interview, I don’t know though!
Omg yay! Congrats on getting an interview!! Best of luck amiga <3
 
Does anyone know when the second wave of decisions is? Some of you said that you had your interviews in December, are they contacting us soon or is it unknown till May if we’re accepted or not?😕
 
I thought I was done with them because I believed I didn’t have the Spanish credits, however, they out of the blue called me yesterday saying if I was still interested because they realized I tested out for those Spanish credits when I enter college and i didn’t realize that. So they told me I was OK with the Spanish credit but recommended to take the clep for my English and composition that I did on freshman year cause they didn’t like the format that they use at college so I’m taking the clep for it this Friday. Such a happy unexpected turn of events. I was already under the impression I was out of the race at this school so there’s still hope here.
Congrats, that’s awesome! Good luck with the CLEP! i hope everything works out 🙂
 
For those of you who have already been invited for an interview. When did you submit your AADSAS and secondary applications?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I also got accepted on 12/15 to PHSU DMD.
I am happy to connect, can we please make a group chat or something for incoming Class of 2030?
Best of luck to everyone.
Congratulations on your acceptance!!!🎉🎉🎉 When you submitted your primary and secondary applications? I’m trying to get a sense of whether interview invitations are being sent in order of submission.
 
i heard they are almost full
Wow, that’s actually the last interview invite I’m still waiting on. I submitted AADSAS mid-August and the secondary right when it opened early September, so I wasn’t sure if they go in order. UPR reached out early December and then UAGM, so PHSU is the last one I’m hoping for.
 
Congratulations on your acceptance!!!🎉🎉🎉 When you submitted your primary and secondary applications? I’m trying to get a sense of whether interview invitations are being sent in order of submission.
Hello, thank you!!
I submitted my applications very late (end of October). I have heard that PHSU don’t send interviews invitations based on how early you submitted, so I wouldn’t based on that at least for this dental school to be honest.
Good luck!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad