Types of pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mass

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realise a retail pharmacist works in a shop, giving out drugs, helping with enquiries etc.
I know what a nuclear pharmacist does due to the big article recently posted :).

However, what does a hospital pharmacist do and what does a clinical pharmacist do?

Also what other types of pharmacist are there and what is their role?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a TON of info about this here in the forums, just search here or take a look at the ASHP website to get more info about certain pharmacy careers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I realise a retail pharmacist works in a shop, giving out drugs, helping with enquiries etc.
I know what a nuclear pharmacist does due to the big article recently posted :).

However, what does a hospital pharmacist do and what does a clinical pharmacist do?

Also what other types of pharmacist are there and what is their role?
i'm shocked you didn't ask for a breakdown on how much money all the different pharmacists make and how it compares to being a dentist...

i'm shocked you didn't ask for a breakdown on how much money all the different pharmacists make and how it compares to being a dentist...

hey man it's only out of interest.

The ones that work from HOME would be the one that I'll be. :cool:

See you in another two years. :smuggrin:

Man, that RxWildCat gave you some good info, too. Did you use it?

who r you talking to? OP?

The ones that work from HOME would be the one that I'll be. :cool:

May want to get some experience first. I highly doubt one can go into such a position straight out of school.

How about you just stay where you are? We're already on the verge of a surplus..

i am a pharmacist in uk, but looking to come to the usa to work. what conversion exam do i need, and what is the first step