You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Typical Student Coming to SDN
Started by DynamicDidactic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I love the finger quotes when she said the “science” of psychology with a shake of her head at 1:20. [emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
this video should be renamed: Common Misconceptions and Cognitive Distortions in Decision-Making for Graduate Training in Clinical Psychology
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
or "How I became a walking Dunning-Kruger"this video should be renamed: Common Misconceptions and Cognitive Distortions in Decision-Making for Graduate Training in Clinical Psychology
your thread title was incredibly accurate as well.
Um. Um. Um. Like, um. 

Uggh. Has anyone commented on it? I kind of want to.
Edit: I wonder why she picked a PsyD and not an LCSW program.
Edit: I wonder why she picked a PsyD and not an LCSW program.
"Everyone is just really nice and normal..."
....give it another semester.
....give it another semester.
Edit: I wonder why she picked a PsyD and not an LCSW program.
Masochistic desire to live in poverty due to crushing loan debt on a low relative salary?
Masochistic desire to live in poverty due to crushing loan debt on a low relative salary?
Come on....
Come on....
Obviously tongue in cheek comment... with a kernel of truth. 🙂
To be fair, I don't know that her views are all that different from many first-semester grad students. If nothing else, this helps remind those of us who work with trainees about the types of conceptions and misconceptions students may have, even after having spent time on their own speaking with mentors (who may or may not be practicing psychologists themselves, and/or may have trained many years ago and are unaware of current trends in the field) and trying to gather information.
my googling skills led me to Immaculata. They had a horrid match rate until they started a captive internship.I'm curious what school she's attending.
It would be nice for someone to add some facts to the comments... I have some throw away accounts I could useUggh. Has anyone commented on it? I kind of want to.

It would be nice for someone to add some facts to the comments... I have some throw away accounts I could use![]()
Someone actually did comment and correct the misconception that PhD programs can't focus on clinical practice (they even mentioned the clinical science vs. science practitioner models).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That licensure rate is also pretty low. What are a quarter + of their graduates doing if not clinical work?my googling skills led me to Immaculata. They had a horrid match rate until they started a captive internship.
I have familiarity with this program. Their recruiting focus has always been catered toward the working adult professional who is either changing careers/switching focus in the clinical world. They do this by conducting classes after 4:30pm (though practica, etc. requires students to be available during normal business hours and students are discouraged/unable to maintain full time employment during the first three years). Students historically have not been encouraged, nor have many of them wanted, to apply nationwide for internship due to having established themselves within the greater Philadelphia area. The captive program had been around for a long while, yet was only APPIC accredited until 2015. The lack of nationwide mobility for their population was the main reason for establishing APA accreditation . Unlike other private university-based Psy.D.s, this program offers full funding to over half of it's students.my googling skills led me to Immaculata. They had a horrid match rate until they started a captive internship.
As for licensure, I couldn't explain that away.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 361
E