You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Typo in Personal Statement, Possible to withdraw Application and resubmit
Started by lakerfan38
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nope. If it's any consolation, your typo will probably go unnoticed. Even if it is noticed, your application would have to be spotless if the typo is what kills your chances.
I have submitted my primary app and have not been verified. Can I withdraw my application and submit it again after correcting the typos? Thanks.
Yea I doubt that they will use a typo against you 🙂 I'm sure it happens to plenty of applicants, just look back and laugh at this later.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They're not even going to read it, I wouldn't worry.
Nope. If it's any consolation, your typo will probably go unnoticed. Even if it is noticed, your application would have to be spotless if the typo is what kills your chances.
👍 Agree, just leave it be. If you didn't notice in hours of typing, someone reading 30 PSes an hour probably isn't going to notice.
Unless it's something like: you meant to say "I would be a good doctor" and it came out "I would be good at using my prescription pad to front an illegal drug operation and fool police and federal officials". But that'd be a big typo.
👍 Agree, just leave it be. If you didn't notice in hours of typing, someone reading 30 PSes an hour probably isn't going to notice.
Unless it's something like: you meant to say "I would be a good doctor" and it came out "I would be good at using my prescription pad to front an illegal drug operation and fool police and federal officials". But that'd be a big typo.
😆.
Relax, OP. Go watch the Lakers game.
I made a minor mistake on my personal statement... I wrote about my appendectomy and referred to the pain on my left side instead of right side... On two of my interviews, the anatomists asked me about it, and I told them that it was a typo, and at both of those schools, I was accepted. So it is not that bad...
I made a minor mistake on my personal statement... I wrote about my appendectomy and referred to the pain on my left side instead of right side... On two of my interviews, the anatomists asked me about it, and I told them that it was a typo, and at both of those schools, I was accepted. So it is not that bad...
Really? Man, they are anal.
I dunno... that's kinda basic anatomy.Really? Man, they are anal.
I dunno... that's kinda basic anatomy.
there are so many components in an application, and they go and ask about right side vs left side in a surgery. That sounds anal to me.
there are so many components in an application, and they go and ask about right side vs left side in a surgery. That sounds anal to me.
To be fair, they asked if I had situs inversus, because apparently it is pretty rare.
Anal was calling up a pathologist to interview me because they wanted to grill me on my clinical lab work.there are so many components in an application, and they go and ask about right side vs left side in a surgery. That sounds anal to me.
Here is the typo:
Caught off-guard, I clumsily handed her a blanket and continued to watch the scene as the flurry of doctors, nurses, technician calmly tended to the unresponsive middle-aged unresponsive man.
go lakers
Caught off-guard, I clumsily handed her a blanket and continued to watch the scene as the flurry of doctors, nurses, technician calmly tended to the unresponsive middle-aged unresponsive man.
go lakers
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is the typo:
Caught off-guard, I clumsily handed her a blanket and continued to watch the scene as the flurry of doctors, nurses, technician calmly tended to the unresponsive middle-aged unresponsive man.
go lakers
😱
Fail! You will never get into med school now.
That is nothing... and plus I did not even catch it the first time I read it... relax and watch the lakers destroy orlando once again.Anal was calling up a pathologist to interview me because they wanted to grill me on my clinical lab work.
Very anal indeed.
The irony.Actually that is more like two typos because it should have been "AND technicianS..."
One typo you would have been find, but you are doomed to practice medicine in an alley behind a 7-11.
j/k, don't worry about it.
Chances are they may not even catch it, after reading countless ps. But, if they do catch it, they may or may not think something of it (depends on the person). If it really bothers you, I would definitely email/call the school and explain your dilemma. Out of curiosity, how bad is this typo? If it is just something minor, like a speilnlg erorr in the mdidle of the wrod, tehy may not eevn nitoce it.
go lakers
indeed.
I had a typo, it was never mentioned and I got more interviews than I thought I would.
lol!The irony.
relax and watch game #3. LO is a monster!
I didn't notice it when I skimmed it. I had to read it twice, and then I only saw it because I knew I was looking for a typo.
Seriously, don't worry about your typo, it's not that bad. If you can get AMCAS to let you fix it, do it. Otherwise, DON'T contact schools and bring it to their attention. They might just judge you for being anal, which is worse than the original typo.
On my AMCAS activities section, I spelled "Overseas Studies Program" as "Overseas Studies Protram" [not that bad]. Aaaaand I typoed the date when I went abroad as "Sept-Dec 2007" instead of "Sept-Dec 2006" [pretty bad, I had to email a correction to all the schools since it makes the chronology of my other classes/activities impossible]. I stressed about it for awhile, but it ended up making no difference.
Seriously, don't worry about your typo, it's not that bad. If you can get AMCAS to let you fix it, do it. Otherwise, DON'T contact schools and bring it to their attention. They might just judge you for being anal, which is worse than the original typo.
On my AMCAS activities section, I spelled "Overseas Studies Program" as "Overseas Studies Protram" [not that bad]. Aaaaand I typoed the date when I went abroad as "Sept-Dec 2007" instead of "Sept-Dec 2006" [pretty bad, I had to email a correction to all the schools since it makes the chronology of my other classes/activities impossible]. I stressed about it for awhile, but it ended up making no difference.
You got accepted to MD? Or did your top spot change?I had a typo. And an acceptance to my top choice.
Relax.
You got accepted to MD? Or did your top spot change?
Accepted to Maryland 😀
Yayayayay!Accepted to Maryland 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think most people don't care about little typos like that. For me, though, they're really bothersome. But I'll admit that I pay a little too much attention to detail.
I'm sure you'll be fine.
I'm sure you'll be fine.
I have submitted my primary app and have not been verified. Can I withdraw my application and submit it again after correcting the typos? Thanks.
dude you def cant. i know a guy who knows a guy who know's his brother's girlfriend's ex that got rejected from all the med schools he applied to because he made a typo in his ps.
you better start looking into other options for this year, atleast. how about grad school? maybe a job?
lulz. The big difference is that I didn't submit my statement to the people who will decide whether or not I have a future career in medicine. 😀The irony.
there was an applicant who was accepted to some really tough schools such as yale, hopkins etc.
and he had a typo in the first sentence of his personal statement which read
"the human body ceases to amaze me".
dont sweat it
and he had a typo in the first sentence of his personal statement which read
"the human body ceases to amaze me".
dont sweat it
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 553
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 1K
