Typo in Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dgstrikers

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my primary app but I noticed a typo in my personal statement. I used the work "threw" instead of "through". I dont know how i missed this I reviewed it multiple times!! Is there anything I can/should do?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just submitted my primary app but I noticed a typo in my personal statement. I used the work "threw" instead of "through". I dont know how i missed this I reviewed it multiple times!! Is there anything I can/should do?
Sorry, there's nothing you can do to fix it once you submit. The application service will not correct it.

An extreme remedy would be to withdraw the entire application before it's verified. You'd get all your money back, except for the base rate to apply to one school (~$170?), but you'd be barred from reapplying again this application season.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a problem. Clear evidence that the essay was not written by a hired gun.

Reactions: 1 users

OP I'm curious why did you submit your primary so late in the cycle? To answer your question, though, there is nothing you can do to fix this but it really shouldn't be an issue.

OP I'm curious why did you submit your primary so late in the cycle? To answer your question, though, there is nothing you can do to fix this but it really shouldn't be an issue.
My MCAT were vey low and I needed to retake them so I was waiting for the score to see if I should submit.

Don’t do anything. Currently a second year med student and had a typo on my essay. My interviews never mentioned it. That doesn’t mean they didn’t notice it but they probably liked my application enough to give me an interview despite my typo.

By the way, the typo I had was the same type.

Reactions: 1 user
Too most important qualities in an applicant:
1. Hard working.
2. Attention ot detail.

Reactions: 2 users