Typodont Teeth Compatibility

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowtoof

Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if certain typodont teeth were compatible with each other or if every company has their 'special' teeth so that only their teeth fit...or does anyone know if there is some sort of universal typodont tooth that i can buy online in bulk for cheaper?

Members don't see this ad.

Each typodont will have their own proprietary teeth. It's definitely a ripoff for what you get. Someone needs to 3D print them and sell them for cheap.

Reactions: 2 users
I would fill the plastic teeth with composite and pretend they were virgin teeth. This way i avoided having to keep buying teeth. $3+ each is not worth it.

(Composite and bonding agent are literally free in dental school....... ahem)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are plenty of teeth on ebay from a country of covid. No idea how good they are
It makes sense to buy in bulk from companies, if you are able to cooperate with your classmates

Reactions: 1 user
There are plenty of teeth on ebay from a country of covid. No idea how good they are
It makes sense to buy in bulk from companies, if you are able to cooperate with your classmates
yesss i saw some, but most are kilgore and our school uses acadental...possibly WHY my school used acadental so they can profit off us students, i guess

yesss i saw some, but most are kilgore and our school uses acadental...possibly WHY my school used acadental so they can profit off us students, i guess
It's expected. Buy in bulk from company and not school. Usually you can save $1 per tooth

I would fill the plastic teeth with composite and pretend they were virgin teeth. This way i avoided having to keep buying teeth. $3+ each is not worth it.

(Composite and bonding agent are literally free in dental school....... ahem)
Terrific, thanks for the idea my guy.

Reactions: 1 user