1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

U Buffalo

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DrKitty, Dec 13, 2005.

1. DrKitty

DrKitty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I have been complete for about 2 months at Buffalo now, and noticed that the date on the status page has changed from 10/17 to Dec 6, but my status remains "unreviewed". Did they just assign a new "complete" date for me? Why does it take so long to hear from them? Did anybody have similar experience?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. yyd

yyd Guest

Medical Student
  4. DrKitty

DrKitty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

I guess I have to remain patient and wait, wait, wait :( . I will call them tomorrow.

5. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When I interviewed at Buffalo in late August (yeah, they got to me pretty quick), they said they are expecting a lot more applicants this year, so they will be a little behind.

With that said, I have been complete at NYMC, NYU, and AECOM for over 4 months now....they should just send the rejection letter already instead of keeping me waiting.

6. DrKitty

DrKitty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

NYU finishes interviewing next week, so they are not sending out any more interview invites. I have not heard from Einstein and NYMC in a long time as well. I tried to get infor from NYMC on the phone, but they were very rude to me

7. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    NYMC is also getting on my nerves. At this point, even if I got accepted there, I probably wouldn't go, even though I live nearby. If I don't hear from them before new years, I'll call them up and give them a piece of my mind.

8. Supercluster

Supercluster Ready for liftoff
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey, it is my understanding that they always say that. They definitely told me that last year too. My class isn't any different in matriculated stats from previous years, so presumably the glut of applicants doesn't change who eventually ends up at UB--if that can be of small consolation.

In other news, we just had our last Gross Anatomy exam today so the first years are collectively in an amazing mood tonight :D

9. Kazema

Kazema In a kingdom by the sea
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Last year they interviewed all the way into April. Today I noticed during the anatomy exam that Dr. Severin was reviewing apps while proctoring the exam so they actually might not have gotten to your app yet.

When they were doing the whole orientation thing (and family day thing) they talked about how they don't use numerical screens and hand-review each application. So just sit tight!

Good luck to you all ;).

10. DrKitty

DrKitty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Thanks, Kazema. That is encouraging :luck: