U Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKitty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been complete for about 2 months at Buffalo now, and noticed that the date on the status page has changed from 10/17 to Dec 6, but my status remains "unreviewed". Did they just assign a new "complete" date for me? Why does it take so long to hear from them? Did anybody have similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

yyd said:
Hi,
I was complete at Buffalo at the end of October (I took MCAT in August) and interviewed there last week. The interview invitation came at the end of November.
This is my first time applying to med schools, and, frankly, I do not understand why some schools replied within a week (since my file was complete), others within a month, and I am still waiting to hear from my first choice :( Last time I checked (called), they have not reviewed my file yet. Maybe yours is a similar situation?

I guess I have to remain patient and wait, wait, wait :( . I will call them tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed at Buffalo in late August (yeah, they got to me pretty quick), they said they are expecting a lot more applicants this year, so they will be a little behind.

With that said, I have been complete at NYMC, NYU, and AECOM for over 4 months now....they should just send the rejection letter already instead of keeping me waiting.

gluon999 said:
When I interviewed at Buffalo in late August (yeah, they got to me pretty quick), they said they are expecting a lot more applicants this year, so they will be a little behind.

With that said, I have been complete at NYMC, NYU, and AECOM for over 4 months now....they should just send the rejection letter already instead of keeping me waiting.

NYU finishes interviewing next week, so they are not sending out any more interview invites. I have not heard from Einstein and NYMC in a long time as well. I tried to get infor from NYMC on the phone, but they were very rude to me

NYMC is also getting on my nerves. At this point, even if I got accepted there, I probably wouldn't go, even though I live nearby. If I don't hear from them before new years, I'll call them up and give them a piece of my mind.

gluon999 said:
Hey, it is my understanding that they always say that. They definitely told me that last year too. My class isn't any different in matriculated stats from previous years, so presumably the glut of applicants doesn't change who eventually ends up at UB--if that can be of small consolation.

In other news, we just had our last Gross Anatomy exam today so the first years are collectively in an amazing mood tonight :D

Last year they interviewed all the way into April. Today I noticed during the anatomy exam that Dr. Severin was reviewing apps while proctoring the exam so they actually might not have gotten to your app yet.

When they were doing the whole orientation thing (and family day thing) they talked about how they don't use numerical screens and hand-review each application. So just sit tight!

Good luck to you all ;).

Kazema said:
Last year they interviewed all the way into April. Today I noticed during the anatomy exam that Dr. Severin was reviewing apps while proctoring the exam so they actually might not have gotten to your app yet.

When they were doing the whole orientation thing (and family day thing) they talked about how they don't use numerical screens and hand-review each application. So just sit tight!

Good luck to you all ;).

Thanks, Kazema. That is encouraging :luck: