1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

U. Chicago vs. UVA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WendsJ, Apr 19, 2004.

1. WendsJ

WendsJ Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm choosing between U. Chicago and UVA. I know some may think this a weird choice, but if I could combine aspects of both, I'd have the ideal school. It is important to me to be a good environment with people who like to have fun and also to have solid academic training. Any thoughts?

Sorry, I'm kind of new at this.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hamface16

Hamface16 Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know if it helps, but I just made a similar decision between Loyola and UVA. For me the location and cost of UVA made up for the parts of the program and the student body that I loved about Loyola. (I'm from VA so some of those things won't apply to you). You said that if you could combine aspects of both it would be the ideal school- is there any way that you could on your own combine some aspects of one at the either? i.e. I liked the chaplain mentorship at Loyola and have thought about setting one up on my own at UVA, whereas being closer to my family/friends couldn't happen at Loyola. Of course I'm partial to UVA since I'm going there, but I hope you make the right decision for you. Maybe I'll see you next year. :)

4. raincrew

raincrew Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

if you're from illinois i'd pick chicago. uva out of state is 37k this year. plus there's a big adjustment in culture and environment from the midwest to charlottesville.

5. TheFlash

TheFlash Playtime Is Over
    10+ Year Member

You say "solid academic training." Go with Pritzker. It's renowned for it's research potential, and the people are plenty friendly, since it's pure P/F for your years there. Plus, it's Chicaaaaago!