U Miami - Neuropsychology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych_student_37

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out if University of Miami's Clinical Psychology PhD Program has any neuropsychology opportunities. I know they do not offer a neuropsych track, but do they offer any neuropsychology electives and practicum placements? With their affiliated medical center and reputable neuropsych internship site, I would assume that they should be a good program for clinical students interested in pursuing neuropsych. Do any of their students obtain neuropsych-focused internships?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

After thoroughly looking at the website and the lab pages of PIs you'd want to work with, I would reach out to the clinical administrator for the department over email to ask about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed with the above. I imagine the neuropsychology internship in the medical school is entirely separate from graduate level training in neuropsychology in the psychology department. A quick review of their program suggests they have a strong health emphasis and plenty of non-clinical folks doing neuro research, so if they allow hybrid arrangements, this could work.

I know a couple people who have done neuropsych there. They still applied to a PI from the clinical psych program, but they also worked very closely with the Neuropsychology division at the med school for both clinical and research activities. They all went on to very competitive neuro internships and post-docs

Also, my understanding is the neuro internship at Miami (the one at Jackson Memorial, correct?) is different than the graduate training site like was previously said. The one that the neuro students tend to train at is at the Miller School of Medicine, which I believe has post-docs, but no interns

I know a couple people who have done neuropsych there. They still applied to a PI from the clinical psych program, but they also worked very closely with the Neuropsychology division at the med school for both clinical and research activities. They all went on to very competitive neuro internships and post-docs
Thanks for your response. Do you know which of the three tracks that UM offers these interns were in?

Thanks for your response. Do you know which of the three tracks that UM offers these interns were in?
I believe they were all health track, but I don’t remember 100%. Also, you might want to check this, but I believe the health track is the only one that offers the neuropsychology course as well.