U Mich psychiatry resident stipend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boyder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got an interview invite from Michigan. Anyone know what the stipend is over there? I can't find the information anywhere on their website...

don't know if that's a bad sign or just indicates that it's a strong program thus there is no need to over-pay residents. I'm worried about 39K tho.

Members don't see this ad.

I've got an interview invite from Michigan. Anyone know what the stipend is over there? I can't find the information anywhere on their website...

don't know if that's a bad sign or just indicates that it's a strong program thus there is no need to over-pay residents. I'm worried about 39K tho.

All programs at Mich are part of the resident union. Here's a link to the current pay scale.

(Use pull down menu box to access topic "Wages")

Thanks for the link -- but it seems to be down right now. Anyone know the figures for physician resident stipends at Michigan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the link -- but it seems to be down right now. Anyone know the figures for physician resident stipends at Michigan?

UMich residents actually receive relatively higher stipends because they have a residents' union. So, you don't have to worry about that aspect.

Disclaimer- I have no connection to UMich.

Not to mention ann arbor is a relatively (to SF, NYC, Boston, Seattle) cheap place to live.

In terms of specifics, I'd ask the program. And if you do ask the program, could you post it here so that all can see?

In terms of specifics, I'd ask the program. And if you do ask the program, could you post it here so that all can see?

Will do. Don't know when I'm interviewing with them yet tho.

Not to mention ann arbor is a relatively (to SF, NYC, Boston, Seattle) cheap place to live.

Emphasis on the "relatively", not on the "cheap". It's actually a fair deal more expensive than other midwestern cities of its size, though the collapse of the auto industry may have brought real estate values down into more realistic territory.