U of A 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sulgi1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
:hello:
Hey! Who's all applying to University of Arizona? Let's chat! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yay! I was getting worried I was the only applying haha :laugh: Where are you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I'm sure there are others applying! I'm from Phoenix! Where are you from? Are you applying for early admissions?

I'm from Phoenix too! However, I'm in Houston finishing up my undergrad. Yeah, I've already sent in my application and now I'm just waiting to hear if I got an interview or not. How about yourself? Do you know if U of A has rolling admissions?

I am applying for early asmissions as well! It is a waiting game from here! It depends on how you define rolling admissions... They have early admissions, which is what we are doing and it closes on Sept. 15th and then regular admissions for the due date of Dec 1st. So I don't know if you would consider that rolling admissions or not? haha

Gotcha haha. So if I'm getting this right, they'll take all the applicants that have submitted the application so far on the 15th and review those and offer interview as they review them? I've been trying to look up admissions procedures, but I haven't had much luck so I'm left speculating on what's happening haha.

U of A recommends required science courses to be taken within 7 years. Are they very strict on that policy? Do all of the 10 science courses need to be within 7 years?

I think it depends on your situation. I took Biology 1 class back in 2008 while I was in high school, but I explained to them that my major is Biochemistry and I'm graduating in December. I talked to them about this and they told me I was fine. Doesn't hurt to contact them and ask :)

Sulgi1993- So I guess they look at the applications that were done before Sept. 15th and offer interviews and what not then they would do the same for students that submit their application afer Sept. 15th, but before Dec. 1st!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ok cool, thanks for answering! Did you make the Sept. 15th deadline?

Ok, cool! Now it's just playing the waiting game. Hopefully we'll hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an interview request yet?
I really hope I get one. UA is high on my list.

I think it depends on your situation. I took Biology 1 class back in 2008 while I was in high school, but I explained to them that my major is Biochemistry and I'm graduating in December. I talked to them about this and they told me I was fine. Doesn't hurt to contact them and ask :)
Thanks. It turns out each applicant is a case by case basis and science scores on the PCAT play a big factor too.

I got an interview offer a little while ago! I'm interviewing on the 15th! Anyone else hear a response yet?

Congrats! I got an interview as well! My interview is on Oct. 7th!

My whole experience was great! I was very nervous at first, but everyone was so welcoming and sweet which made me super relaxed! It was over before I knew it! Now it's just another waiting game! Good luck to you on the 15th!

My whole experience was great! I was very nervous at first, but everyone was so welcoming and sweet which made me super relaxed! It was over before I knew it! Now it's just another waiting game! Good luck to you on the 15th!
That's great, I'm so happy you had a good experience!! I actually cancelled my interview and withdrew my application. I got accepted to UIC, which was my top choice. I wish you all the luck!!

Congrats! That is great and I wish you all the best!!

I just got an interview invite from U of A. I would appreciate any advice regarding the type of interview there. For instance, Midwestern Glendale was 3 on 1 interview and very conversational and had a 100 word essay.
Also, if they interview candidates in November, when would they make a decision? I heard in the past that they do not begin interviewing until after December and make decisions very late all at once.

Hi! Congrats on the interview! On the invite it explains what the interview entails!
I interviewed in October and I actually got accepted already! So shortly after the interview you should find out! Good luck!

What would be the best choice between U of A and Midwestern? U of A seems like the more reputable school with better residency and Midwestern is 3 years in length. Were any of you deciding between these two schools? I am mostly interested in doing a residency after PharmD but that might change after school since I am older than most students. But at this moment I want to continue into residency.

What would be the best choice between U of A and Midwestern? U of A seems like the more reputable school with better residency and Midwestern is 3 years in length. Were any of you deciding between these two schools? I am mostly interested in doing a residency after PharmD but that might change after school since I am older than most students. But at this moment I want to continue into residency.
Have you decided yet, I also am having a hard time making this decision. I think I will end up choosing midwestern, not sure though.