1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

U of A letters of Rec service

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Green Arrow, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Green Arrow

Green Arrow Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Has anybody had their letters uploaded by Brenda yet? It's kind of frustrating. I have about 16 secodaries I have completed, those files are all just sitting around since my letters have not been recieved yet. Meanwhile I have gotten emails from a few schools urging me to get my application completed as soon as possible.

I'm just stressing out because I'm a reapplicant, and I submitted my AMCAS at the earlies possible date because I know how important it is to get applications in early. Anyone else frustrated? Would it do any good to send her an email?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ualilmissy

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No she hasn't sent mine yet either. It says to give her two weeks after you have submitted your request. My two weeks are up tomorrow :( She rarely responds to email (at least in my experience) so if you have the time it might be worth it to stop by.

4. Green Arrow

Green Arrow Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, she rarely responds to my emails either. All the U of A applicants should get together and camp outside of her office until she gets off her chair and sends our letters.

5. booswim542

booswim542 Walkin' on Sunshine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Woo hoo! More u of a-ers!

Ok, so yes, my letters are uploaded. No, it was not easy to get her to do it for me. I went in and talked to her the week of the 4th of July b/c I had already sent in 6 secondaries and was just waiting on letters. We got into a fight where she threatened that if I did not leave she would discard my file. After a forced apology on her part, she and Nancy sent my letters that week. Here are my suggestions:

Go talk to her, but make sure you treat her like she is amazing and that she is doing you a favor by sending in your letters. Let her talk as much as she wants to, and make sure you leave a lot of spare time cuz she has a lot to say about how terrible her job is.

FINALLY....tell her you have a lot of applications waiting on letters and letters alone, and that she could really help your application by getting them sent in.

Good luck and send me a personal message if you have any questions!

6. Green Arrow

Green Arrow Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Wow, good for you!! :thumbup: I'll try going in on Friday.