U of A letters of Rec service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green Arrow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had their letters uploaded by Brenda yet? It's kind of frustrating. I have about 16 secodaries I have completed, those files are all just sitting around since my letters have not been recieved yet. Meanwhile I have gotten emails from a few schools urging me to get my application completed as soon as possible.

I'm just stressing out because I'm a reapplicant, and I submitted my AMCAS at the earlies possible date because I know how important it is to get applications in early. Anyone else frustrated? Would it do any good to send her an email?

Members don't see this ad.

No she hasn't sent mine yet either. It says to give her two weeks after you have submitted your request. My two weeks are up tomorrow :( She rarely responds to email (at least in my experience) so if you have the time it might be worth it to stop by.

ualilmissy said:
No she hasn't sent mine yet either. It says to give her two weeks after you have submitted your request. My two weeks are up tomorrow :( She rarely responds to email (at least in my experience) so if you have the time it might be worth it to stop by.

Yeah, she rarely responds to my emails either. All the U of A applicants should get together and camp outside of her office until she gets off her chair and sends our letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woo hoo! More u of a-ers!

Ok, so yes, my letters are uploaded. No, it was not easy to get her to do it for me. I went in and talked to her the week of the 4th of July b/c I had already sent in 6 secondaries and was just waiting on letters. We got into a fight where she threatened that if I did not leave she would discard my file. After a forced apology on her part, she and Nancy sent my letters that week. Here are my suggestions:

Go talk to her, but make sure you treat her like she is amazing and that she is doing you a favor by sending in your letters. Let her talk as much as she wants to, and make sure you leave a lot of spare time cuz she has a lot to say about how terrible her job is.

FINALLY....tell her you have a lot of applications waiting on letters and letters alone, and that she could really help your application by getting them sent in.

Good luck and send me a personal message if you have any questions!

Wow, good for you!! :thumbup: I'll try going in on Friday.