U of cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtoor

~~fUtUrE_MD_or_DO~~
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a quick question on the secondary app from u of cincinnati.....one of the questions they asked is "Have you been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations?( this incl. speeding tickets)"......u have to answer yes or no. I did recieved couple of speeding tickets and i pleaded guilty....so do i answer yes and explain the dilemma or just deny it? Also, they do criminal background check before matriculating....so if i deny getting a speeding ticket, is it going to show up on the background check? It's been abt 3 years since my last speeding ticket.

Please help me...

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah. I was in the same situation. I answered yes even though the two that I had been issued were from five years ago. Just explain what happened because I think they do look into your driving record. Im hoping its not a big deal since everyone gets speeding tickets.

Yeah. I was in the same situation. I answered yes even though the two that I had been issued were from five years ago. Just explain what happened because I think they do look into your driving record. Im hoping its not a big deal since everyone gets speeding tickets.

I never got one and neither did DR. EUGENIC.

Members don't see this ad :)

did you explain every detail of the situation and the reason why u pleaded guilty?...I got a ticket for speeding and then running thru the yellow light...so should i combine them or list them as two separate situations?...sorry for da confusion..:confused:
thanks

did you explain every detail of the situation and the reason why u pleaded guilty?...I got a ticket for speeding and then running thru the yellow light...so should i combine them or list them as two separate situations?...sorry for da confusion..:confused:
thanks

Not really. Both of mine were speeding tickets so I just explained how much I was going over (5 mph and 9 mph) and that both had been expunged from my record because I attended traffic school. I think I could have actually answered no but I answered yes just in case they did find out. There isnt really room to explain every detail so I would try to play it down as much as possible.

Not really. Both of mine were speeding tickets so I just explained how much I was going over (5 mph and 9 mph) and that both had been expunged from my record because I attended traffic school. I think I could have actually answered no but I answered yes just in case they did find out. There isnt really room to explain every detail so I would try to play it down as much as possible.

ok...thanks

a quick question on the secondary app from u of cincinnati.....one of the questions they asked is "Have you been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations?( this incl. speeding tickets)"......u have to answer yes or no. I did recieved couple of speeding tickets and i pleaded guilty....so do i answer yes and explain the dilemma or just deny it? Also, they do criminal background check before matriculating....so if i deny getting a speeding ticket, is it going to show up on the background check? It's been abt 3 years since my last speeding ticket.

Please help me...

When I saw this question on my app, it made me think about something I learned in a graduate psychometrics class. Sometimes they have questions on employment applications like "Have you ever stolen anything." If you answer no to this question you are automatically flagged as dishonest, because every human being has stolen something in his or her life. I know this isn't the same, because some people might not have a speeding ticket, but I would guess that the vast majority does. Just answer yes.

When I saw this question on my app, it made me think about something I learned in a graduate psychometrics class. Sometimes they have questions on employment applications like "Have you ever stolen anything." If you answer no to this question you are automatically flagged as dishonest, because every human being has stolen something in his or her life. I know this isn't the same, because some people might not have a speeding ticket, but I would guess that the vast majority does. Just answer yes.

i guess..i will give 'em an honest answer....thanks for ur help

yeah. I just explained where I received the tickets and how I learned not to break the speed limit anymore.

I honestly told them about the tickets I got and how far apart they were. I didn't say anything about not breaking the speed limit anymore (since I would be lying to myself if I said that).

I honestly told them about the tickets I got and how far apart they were. I didn't say anything about not breaking the speed limit anymore (since I would be lying to myself if I said that).

Yeah I think promising not to break the speed limit again is kind of a stretch because that is going to be a hard promise to keep.