U Of Mich Housing Pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Randomwerks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'll be starting pharmacy school at Michigan in Fall 2008 as a P1. Honestly, the most important thing to me is to live in a social environment, where I can meet as many graduate students as possible (not just other Pharmacy kids who I figure ill meet in class anyhow). Ideally, Id like to be within walking distance of the campus and have my own room, but Ive heard the graduate student housing in Northwoods is secluded. I did NOT live in the dorms at my undergraduate university and it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to make friends freshman year. I dont want to make that same mistake again. Any guidance experienced Wolverines would be willing to share is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Live in a co-op. There are several around here and they would be perfect for the social environment that you are looking for. A few of my classmates live in co-ops and really enjoy it. It's kind of late in the school year to find housing but if you go on craigslist and search for co-ops or rooms in general I'm sure you'll find something. Congrats on your acceptance!

Live in a co-op. There are several around here and they would be perfect for the social environment that you are looking for. A few of my classmates live in co-ops and really enjoy it. It's kind of late in the school year to find housing but if you go on craigslist and search for co-ops or rooms in general I'm sure you'll find something. Congrats on your acceptance!

Late in the school year? Already? Im talking about housing for August 2008.

Members don't see this ad :)
Late in the school year? Already? Im talking about housing for August 2008.

A lot of people here find housing about a year ahead of time. Most of my friends found their fall 08 housing last fall. Don't worry though; I waited until late may last year and still found a place. Check out the co-ops :thumbup:

Do people generally have their own rooms in co-ops? Are there any specifically grad student co-ops? What about just large houses as an option instead of co-ops?