U of MN tc heard anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Janny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was complete ~Jan 26 and have yet to hear back. Anyone else complete secondary after mid Jan hear anything?

Members don't see this ad.

complete a bit after you, nada

I was complete early Feb and interviewed last Friday.

This is what they told us. They have had a 20% increase in apps and are running really behing. Their interview season is running longer than it usually does. Also, as of last Friday, there were about 50 seats left in the class. So, there are still plenty of seats left.

Members don't see this ad :)
The med school at UMN TC is notoriously, pathetically slow in anything involving admissions.

I was complete on 2/9... Ya I know its late. I haven't heard anything either.

I was complete early Feb and interviewed last Friday.

This is what they told us. They have had a 20% increase in apps and are running really behing. Their interview season is running longer than it usually does. Also, as of last Friday, there were about 50 seats left in the class. So, there are still plenty of seats left.

You were complete in early Feb and already interviewed? Nice. When did they contact you to invite you to interview? And what is your GPA/MCAT if you don't mind me asking? Also, are you instate or OOS? Thanks :)

I am out of state, but go to UM for undergrad in physiology (not sure what kind of preference this does or does not give me). I have a 3.65 gpa (I'm an athlete here and that's my major ec) and an MCAT score above average and good enough to get me into a few schools (i'm sorry, i've always made a vow to never be that stereotypical pre-med that is always flaunting their stats).

(i'm sorry, i've always made a vow to never be that stereotypical pre-med that is always flaunting their stats).

And in so doing, you're very much being a stereotypical Minnesota Pre-Med;-)

I am out of state, but go to UM for undergrad in physiology (not sure what kind of preference this does or does not give me). I have a 3.65 gpa (I'm an athlete here and that's my major ec) and an MCAT score above average and good enough to get me into a few schools (i'm sorry, i've always made a vow to never be that stereotypical pre-med that is always flaunting their stats).

Well I wasn't exactly asking about the MCAT just to give you a pat on the back :) ... I'm wondering what factors contributed to you already interviewing there and me not even getting invited [yet] - I was complete on Feb 9 (very late). Maybe you have an amazing MCAT score that would explain it? I have a cum/bcmp GPA of ~3.7/3.8 and a 32 on the MCAT, so I figured I would be pretty competitive there considering I'm in-state, attended the U of MN for undergrad, I work in their hospital now, etc, etc. What sport did/do you play by the way?

I was complete around mid-Jan. Left a voicemail message about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and sent an email last week; no reply. I'm instate as well, and went there for undergrad.

received an email interview invitation today! In state, complete mid Jan

I called the U of M about 4 weeks ago, and they told me my file would be reviewed that week, needless to say, it hasn't been yet, but the interview notification on a Monday is encouraging. (In-State, Complete mid-January.)

I called the U of M about 4 weeks ago, and they told me my file would be reviewed that week, needless to say, it hasn't been yet, but the interview notification on a Monday is encouraging. (In-State, Complete mid-January.)

do you mean they notify everyone about interview invites on Mondays? The guy I talked to said my file should be reviewed either last Wed or this coming Wed, so that may mean that I'll get an invite two days from now {fingers crossed}

No, they usually send invites on Friday.
I was just hopeful last week because I noticed they sent an invite on a Monday.

But it looks like I'm waiting another week.