SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

U of Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by brwncaddy, Mar 24, 2001.

1. brwncaddy

brwncaddy Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2001
    I know that this q has been asked before, but it hasn't been asked recently, so I'll ask it again and hope that somebody out there can give me a REAL answer-- Does anyone know anything USEFUL about U. of Pitt's DMD program? I interviewed at a handful of schools and was subsequenly accepted to most of them, but I decided to attend Pitt because everybody there seemed very laid back (yet still very professional), and the atmosphere was far and away the most welcoming of all the schools I looked into. Can anyone tell me if I am right on in my assumptions, and if not, how far off base I might be?

On a different note, I was reading over the posts for the last month, and my God you people have become really bitter to each other. Going on the assumption that everyone here is in the dental field or has aspirations to one day soon enter it, why don't you all (in general (no offense to those of you who haven't exhibited signs of having a very large stick up your ---es)) lighten up. Medical and paramedical professionals have a very stressful job, and humor is one of the coping mechanisms they (we?) use for survival. So on that note, did you hear about the guy and girl who met at a bar and one thing led to another and they went back to her place for a few more drinks. A few minutes later they started taking off their clothes. He took off his shirt and washed his hands. He took off his pants and washed his hands. He took off his socks and washed his hands. The lady said to him, "Hey, you must be a dentist." He replies, "that's amazing, how did you know?" To which she replies, "because every time you take something off, you wash your hands." He praises her for what an astute person she must be. Anyway, they wind up in bed and a few minutes later after the deed is done she tells him that "you must be an excellent dentist." The man replies by asking her why she said that, to which she responds, "because you spent ten minutes poking and prodding around inside of me and I never felt a thing."
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ilovinescu

ilovinescu Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 23, 2000
    Philadelphia, Pa
    It depends on what shools you have been accepted to, and what you think you may practice after dental school. I also interviewed at Pitt. They have a lot of opp. if you want to specialize, but I met a couple of unhappy students. I also thought it was to layed back for my personality type.

I am from Fl, and no one here knows anything about PITT.

e-mail me if you any specific questions.

[email protected]