U of Roch: When does the committee meet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auraraptor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Rochester middle of January and still am waiting for a reply yes/no.

Anyone else in the same boat? When should we hear yes/no by? Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

While I have no answer for your question, the school is either U of R, UR, or U Roch. U of Roch is just plain wrong lol.

(sorry, went to Rochester for undergrad)

Speaking of which, I'd almost not go to Rochester just because they've extended the sheer horror of UR related puns. Imagine my horror (when visiting my younger friends) when I saw that they had renamed Flex dollars (that you use at the vending machines and laundry rooms) to URos. At first I just went "huh?" before realizing that it wasn't just nonsensical, but a horrifying attempt at making it sound like Euros. The horror of the pun scarred me for life I think.

You see, even as a medical student you wouldn't be able to escape this sort of pun. Sure, most of the terrible UR related pun signage is probably going to be on the undergraduate campus, but sadly, you too would need to use URos (shudder) if you wanted to buy vending machine goods at the medical center, or if you live in the graduate housing, for the laundry machines. So the bad puns are something you too will have to live with.

Thanks for the clarification, didn't know what you guys called it, so I took a stab in the dark...

Members don't see this ad :)
If your interviewers took their time getting their evals back to the Adcom, then your file would necessarily be delayed. Otherwise, you might have been considered already. I interviewed at the end of January and got an acceptance already. Best of luck.

If your interviewers took their time getting their evals back to the Adcom, then your file would necessarily be delayed. Otherwise, you might have been considered already. I interviewed at the end of January and got an acceptance already. Best of luck.

Wow, the end of January? Do you mind giving an exact date? I was on Jan 11 and haven't heard a peep....

While I have no answer for your question, the school is either U of R, UR, or U Roch. U of Roch is just plain wrong lol.

(sorry, went to Rochester for undergrad)

Speaking of which, I'd almost not go to Rochester just because they've extended the sheer horror of UR related puns. Imagine my horror (when visiting my younger friends) when I saw that they had renamed Flex dollars (that you use at the vending machines and laundry rooms) to URos. At first I just went "huh?" before realizing that it wasn't just nonsensical, but a horrifying attempt at making it sound like Euros. The horror of the pun scarred me for life I think.

You see, even as a medical student you wouldn't be able to escape this sort of pun. Sure, most of the terrible UR related pun signage is probably going to be on the undergraduate campus, but sadly, you too would need to use URos (shudder) if you wanted to buy vending machine goods at the medical center, or if you live in the graduate housing, for the laundry machines. So the bad puns are something you too will have to live with.

URos-- that's kind of cute! I want to use URos!! :laugh: In terms of the OPs question-- they told my interview group 6-8 weeks but I don't know if that is always the case. I interviewed 9/21 and heard on 10/16. Other people have also heard back within 3 weeks. I guess the adcom sometimes meets earlier than they state. However, if you haven't heard from them 3 weeks after your interview then you will know about the decision by the 6-8 week deadline. Again, I'm making assumptions but I hope that helps!! Also, the adcom typically contacts you about the acceptance by phone. I think you should probably hear by mid-March because they have two dates for second look weekend: Feb 22-24th and another one in April. Good luck!

Wow, the end of January? Do you mind giving an exact date? I was on Jan 11 and haven't heard a peep....

It was Jan. 29. I heard back a week and a half later and I was shocked.