U of T Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations on getting accepted to 3 schools! So I guess you're going to go with U of T? You'll make 2 students on the waitlists @ UBC and Dal very happy :)

Hey microbi, thanks so much!!! You have been truly helpful and supportive in this forum. I hope to help future pre-pharm students like you have helped me. :p

And yes, I'm definitely choosing U of T because it's close to home. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats 1T3s, and welcome to our faculty!

For those of you that are waitlisted, don't lose hope!

Hey microbi, thanks so much!!! You have been truly helpful and supportive in this forum. I hope to help future pre-pharm students like you have helped me. :p

And yes, I'm definitely choosing U of T because it's close to home. Thanks again!

No problem, I am glad to have helped. SDNers really helped me out during applications, so I wanted to return the favour :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, don't lose hope! I know a friend who was on the waitlist last year and got in eventually! Be strong!!!!

:) Congrats to everyone that received acceptances so far! For those that missed out this year, I hope you'll try again next year.

I'm a UofT pharmacy student, and I owe my acceptance to SDNers, so feel free to ask/PM me any questions you may have about the curriculum/faculty/etc and I'll try my best to give you whatever advice I can. Or else, see you during Phrosh Week!!!

(The next four years will be a BLAST! ^___^)

Last edited:
Does anybody receive the same letter as mine? They are saying there are additional information required in my case.

The decision on your application for admission to the BScPhm program is currently being held pending receipt/review of additional required information. You may have already been contacted, or will be contacted soon, regarding this information. As soon as a final decision is available it will be posted.

I also have the same msg as you...

The decision on your application for admission to the BScPhm program is currently being held pending receipt/review of additional required information. You may have already been contacted, or will be contacted soon, regarding this information. As soon as a final decision is available it will be posted.

So what the hell? They never email me about anything I am missing. And now they said that.

Damn it.

I also have the same msg as you...

I got in! Now i need to decide where to go.. waterloo or U of T and I only get few hours before U of W deadline

So what the hell? They never email me about anything I am missing. And now they said that.

Damn it.

What sucks is that admissions office opens at 1pm on Tuesday. All the other days opan at 9:30am.

For those of you who got in,
can you pls post up your stats
jus so i get an insight on the competitive scores
please help me :(
Leslie Dan Faculty is my dream!

Congratulations for those of you who got in!
If you dont mind, can you please post up ur stats
just for future references for other students

I'm in too! Congrats to all those who've been accepted. Let me know if any of you guys are planning to meet before September as I'd surely want to join.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got in. I will see you all this september.

Hey ferrousfumurate,

My cGPA is 3.80 and My PCAT scores are:

Verbal-52
Reading- 57
Math- 96
Biology- 92
Chemistry-90
Composite - 88

Writing 3/3

Good luck!!

guhhhh waitlisted. after waiting this long I get to wait some more! awesome! :(

I'm going to go cry.

Let me know as well if you guys are planning to meet up in September!

i'm also waitlisted...apparently on the bottom half of the waitlist :(
uoft was the only place i applied
for ppl that got in...when's the deadline to accept ur offer of admission

July 10th

Hey everyone! I also got accepted! Has anyone started a facebook group so we can get to know everyone a bit better?

Congrats to those who got accepted! =D Feel free to ask me any questions you guys might have [I just finished first-year]~

I got in too! 2nd year applying, got waitlisted last year, so all those waitlisted, do not lose hope!

My PCAT:
88th percentile composite
99th percentile Chemistry
91st percentile Bio
All the rest were at least 40 points above minima

My GPA = approximately 3.4

See you guys at phrosh!

I got accepted!!! So excited! Congrats to everyone else. I'll be seeing you guys in September!! Hopefully these four years will be awesome! :)

Congratulations to all who got in!! To those on the waitlist, do not give up hope as there have been cases where applicants were accepted as late as Phrosh Week in September (no kidding). To those who were rejected, do not give up hope as MMI's will be implemented next year so you will have a better chance to show your non-academic aspects. To those accepted elsewhere, congratulations to you too!!

You're all in time for PDW 2010 (annual national pharmacy student conference), which will be held right here in Toronto!!

hi every1, new to this thread. i applied to ubc this year and didn't get in probably becuz of my performance during the interview. after reading on some comments on u of t, it seems to be more based on academic marks. i hv a 83% average but only 73 on PCAT (but meeting the "cutoffs" you guys were talking abt). do u guys think i should take it again?

is there any chance that waitlist could reach the lower end? :scared:

I am hoping that it will reach, at least the top end of the lower end, considering that this time required pcat (which may overlap with ppl who tried out for other standized tests), waterloo pharm, late acceptance notisfication.

thank you systole09 and alexd10 for posting up ur stats :)
for the rest of you, would you pls kindly post up ur stats as well?
im sry to be bothering you in the midst of all the hype but im really worried about nex year and your stats will really give me an insight

thank you systole09 and alexd10 for posting up ur stats :)
for the rest of you, would you pls kindly post up ur stats as well?
im sry to be bothering you in the midst of all the hype but im really worried about nex year and your stats will really give me an insight

To be honest, I don't think posting my stats will help unless I post all my grades from each and every course. All I can tell you is that I met the cut-offs for PCAT but NOT BY MUCH.

You DO NOT NEED INSANELY HIGH PCAT SCORES! I know, because I have relatively low PCAT scores but I did meet the cut-offs which are set pretty low for this year. But keep in mind, they look at your overall performance and not just your PCAT scores; in my case, I think my university grades made up for it.

I hope that makes you feel better.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone accepted to u of t pharmacy. Please join Facebook group - University Of Toronto Pharmacy (Class of 2013) 1T3, it'll give us the opportunity to know our classmates before the year begins.

thanksss !!

To be honest, I don't think posting my stats will help unless I post all my grades from each and every course. All I can tell you is that I met the cut-offs for PCAT but NOT BY MUCH.

You DO NOT NEED INSANELY HIGH PCAT SCORES! I know, because I have relatively low PCAT scores but I did meet the cut-offs which are set pretty low for this year. But keep in mind, they look at your overall performance and not just your PCAT scores; in my case, I think my university grades made up for it.

I agree with you. I had low PCAT score as well, especially in verbal section. But I made the cut-offs and got accepted. I think my GPA helped a lot. I also have a degree in Pharmacology.

GPA 3.7
Composite 85
Chem 80
3/2.5

I graduated in dec 08 so I only sent 1 transcript. They just wanted to make sure I didnt have other courses from Jan-Jun

I've read people that were on the waiting list from previous years getting acceptance. Does anyone know if they were all on top half or bottom half? Waiting for another 2 months is going to kill me.

Thanks yea i guess that eases off the stress for the pcat
but can u jus post ur cGPA atleast so i know
and also did you guys do exceptionally well on the prereqs? (cus mine r mostly B+'s ) shud i still b ok if i pull off a decent gpa?

I'm on the 'top half' of the waitlist. To be honest I'm not too optimistic, and I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong in my thinking. But given that they accepted 270 students for 240 spots, even being in the 'top half', which is the vague statement of the year, doesn't comfort me. I also think that the pool of applicants for waterloo and u of t is pretty different (not a lot of students applying to both) since waterloo has more requirements I don't think that that many people would have both the requirements and be willing to write the PCAT to apply to both schools. I'm sure there are some, but... yeah so I don't think the waitlist is going to move all that fast :/ :thumbdown:

I'm on the 'top half' of the waitlist. To be honest I'm not too optimistic, and I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong in my thinking. But given that they accepted 270 students for 240 spots, even being in the 'top half', which is the vague statement of the year, doesn't comfort me. I also think that the pool of applicants for waterloo and u of t is pretty different (not a lot of students applying to both) since waterloo has more requirements I don't think that that many people would have both the requirements and be willing to write the PCAT to apply to both schools. I'm sure there are some, but... yeah so I don't think the waitlist is going to move all that fast :/ :thumbdown:

Did they really accept 270 students for 240 spots, and is that a common practice?

ive been put on bottom half of waiting list.

Hey, they also said my application is pending/requires additional information. I don't know how I should interpret this.

Did they call you? How did you find out that you're on the waiting list??

This is stressful. I did submit all of my transcripts...:confused:

Hi there and congrats,I didn't get in this year :( ,well it was my first attempt on pcat and application.I have to improve my pcat,Vocab ,reading and writing parts particularly.I am at 80percentile for the rest ,which I think I can easily bring them up to above 90.
I just wanted to ask you for a favor,if you could list the books/pcat courses/etc which helped you.I live In Toronto and If anyone is selling any pcat material pls drop a post ,thank you.

Did they really accept 270 students for 240 spots, and is that a common practice?

Yeah, they really did, it said so on my decision... pdf... thing. To be more precise it said approximately 270 students were given offers, what that implies, I'm not quite sure. As far as I know it is common practice for them to offer admission to more students than they have space for, though an extra 30 students sounds pretty high to me. There's another u of t pharmacy forum from 2007 here somewhere that also said they accepted more students than there were spaces, but I'm pretty sure it was more like 260 or something, I don't remember the exact number. Maybe they're anticipating a lot of people declining, but I don't see why that would be.

Here, I found it.

from this u of t pharmacy 'final decisions' 2007 forum, someone said,
"in my letter it says that about 1950 people applied this year for 240 seats
260 got offers and 60 were placed on the waitlist"

link @ http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-416334.html

Pretty different from this year.

If you continue reading, someone called the faculty and asked about the waitlist. They were told it has been increased from 60 to 100 since alot of people declined

Hey everyone!
I got accepted and found out yesterday but have been too happy and excited to go on sdn! Congratulations to everyone including myself who got in and hope to hear from you soon!

P.s. Is there a facebook group made for our class, yet?

yeah..there is a facebook group "University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2013"...everyone please join the group

there are 100 waitlisted students and 270 offfers were sent out this year..my best friend is on the waitlist....

I wish Good luck to those waitlisted..don't lose hope...last year some ppl got off the waitlist just before classes started..

And I also wanted to say good luck to those who were waitlisted!

To those of you who were, just note that because you made the waitlist, you are THAT much closer to getting in next year in case this year is not fortunate for you. Thus, keep your head up and know that you're one step ahead of the rest of the applicants who were not accepted nor waitlisted. God Bless you all and I wish you all luck!

hello, i am also waitlisted.. :( just a bit of confusion...does upper half mean 1-25, or 1-50, cuz on another thread...ppl are saying that upper half means upper of the half of 100 waitlisters...thx in advance for clearing that up for me, and congrats to ppl who got in, and gd luck to waitlisted ppl~~ :thumbup:

hey guys

just to give hope to the wait listers.. there seems to be quite a few people (that i have met so far) that did in fact get into both uw and toronto (like me) but have already chosen uw... so actually the wait list could move kind of fast... kind of weird they offered 270 spots though...what happens if everyone accepts (obviously won't happen but i dunno 30 extra people plus a wait list seems like overkill)

Hi all,I live in Toronto and I'm looking for Dr.Collin's self study guide for pcat(second hand),pls email me at [email protected] if you're selling your books(with the price u're asking)/