U of Virginia anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffee610

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
blank

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone doing postbac at U of Virginia ? or has anyone done it/currently in the program?

Does anyone know anything about it?

ThaNks.

I actually don't know much about it, except that UVA is a great school, so no matter what the program is like, it would look good on paper, anyway. :) But my application to the UVA PBPM program was deferred until next month. All this waiting, waiting, waiting (my Bryn Mawr app was deferred, too). . .

I am starting to think I'll have to do VCU, or maybe more carefully consider HES or Hunter. Besides the red tape - the Hunter program actually sounds really good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a friend at the UVA post-bac program, and she says it is very intense. Basically, it's a new program at the university, so the program is still developing. Right now, you're basically an undergrad with a very heavy course-load. She says a number of her classmates in the program are having trouble coping with the workload, and they're all graduates of solid schools. That being said, she's a hard worker, and getting A's.

I have a friend at the UVA post-bac program, and she says it is very intense. Basically, it's a new program at the university, so the program is still developing. Right now, you're basically an undergrad with a very heavy course-load. She says a number of her classmates in the program are having trouble coping with the workload, and they're all graduates of solid schools. That being said, she's a hard worker, and getting A's.

Thanks for weighing in. I wondered about that aspect of UVA's program - that it's so new. I would imagine there is a lot of trial and error. Having said that, any reputable program is going to be tough. . .according to posts about SMPs, these programs are often more difficult than med school!

ok guys- I'm in the program and wanted to reply since theres so many questions about it. Basically all that you've said thus far is correct- the classes are with the undergrads, the class size is huge(typical of large university), it is a VERY RIGOROUS work load... we have a physician advisor whom we shadow at will and have regular meetings with the director and academic advisor... i would suggest contacting Bill fornadel, the director, or lori nicolaysen, the advisor to get more information about it. We're the guinea pig year so its been quite hectic, not sure how i could compare it to other programs- if you have more individual questions, feel free to private message me.
Thanks~!
meredith

Anybody going to Charlottesville this June?

It's awful quiet in here...