-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
U Pitt decisions
Started by qwerty123
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
qwerty123 said:Does anyone know when and how Pitt sends out their decisions? Thanks!
Their website says that they send all decisions (i.e., acceptance, waitlist, and rejection) by snail mail about a month after the interview.
curtiss said we'd know by the 17th....so i dont know whats up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RonBurgundy said:curtiss said we'd know by the 17th....so i dont know whats up
When did you interview? I was there on the 20th and he told me to expect to hear something by the end of October.
september 23rd... i'm pretty sure he said by the 17th... im just getting anxious
RonBurgundy said:september 23rd... i'm pretty sure he said by the 17th... im just getting anxious
maybe they mailed the letters today, which would mean theyd get here on wednesday-thursday.
Risa said:I interviewed Oct. 3rd and Curtiss said I'd hear by the end of November. I'm dyyyyyyyying to know 🙂 Good luck, you guys![]()
I interviewed the same day as you and Curtis told me the first week in November... hmmmm interesting. BTW, I loved it there.
Jim
JDWflash44 said:I interviewed the same day as you and Curtis told me the first week in November... hmmmm interesting. BTW, I loved it there.
Jim
Hey Jim 🙂
I loved it too, so much!
That crazy Curtiss should get his story straight, but in either case, it sounds like we're hearing pretty sooooon! Fingers crossed for both of us.
I called today. They said that 'correspondence has been mailed'. The staff woman's voice didn't betray an ounce of sentiment. Perhaps they've been trained that way.
Ominous. Scary. Exciting.
I want in!!!
*edit: fyi I interviewed on 9/16...
Ominous. Scary. Exciting.
I want in!!!
*edit: fyi I interviewed on 9/16...
DarkFark said:I called today. They said that 'correspondence has been mailed'. The staff woman's voice didn't betray an ounce of sentiment. Perhaps they've been trained that way.
Ominous. Scary. Exciting.
I want in!!!
*edit: fyi I interviewed on 9/16...
Wow. GOOD LUCK. Im soooo hoping for an acceptance but Im so so worried. GAH!
BTW: Did anyone give their interviewers their email address so that if you did get in, you'd get notified???
CuddlyKumquat said:Wow. GOOD LUCK. Im soooo hoping for an acceptance but Im so so worried. GAH!
BTW: Did anyone give their interviewers their email address so that if you did get in, you'd get notified???
Thanks. I've been thinking about the average mail time, pittsburgh to baltimore, and trying to figure out when precisely it will get here. I'm that bad. (incidentily, my conclusion is 40% chance tomorrow, 50% chance thursday, 10% chance friday.
Good luck to you too.
DarkFark said:I called today. They said that 'correspondence has been mailed'. The staff woman's voice didn't betray an ounce of sentiment. Perhaps they've been trained that way.
Ominous. Scary. Exciting.
I want in!!!
*edit: fyi I interviewed on 9/16...
Did they say *when* it was mailed???? I IV'd on 9/20... I think I'm gonna be sick. I can't stand this waiting...
DarkFark said:Thanks. I've been thinking about the average mail time, pittsburgh to baltimore, and trying to figure out when precisely it will get here. I'm that bad. (incidentily, my conclusion is 40% chance tomorrow, 50% chance thursday, 10% chance friday.
Good luck to you too.
Heheh... I'm in DC - doing the EXACT same thing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
imrep1972 said:Did they say *when* it was mailed???? I IV'd on 9/20... I think I'm gonna be sick. I can't stand this waiting...
they said it has probably already gone out, and if it hasn't it will be very soon. Quoteth the lady "You'll hear from us within the week".
DarkFark said:Thanks. I've been thinking about the average mail time, pittsburgh to baltimore, and trying to figure out when precisely it will get here. I'm that bad. (incidentily, my conclusion is 40% chance tomorrow, 50% chance thursday, 10% chance friday.
Hahahaha. I would do the same. By the end of this process, we'll all be insane.
BTW, I was told early November and I loved the school too.
Good luck everyone!
ok - so this is gonna be a TOTAL OCD question, but...
Does anyone know, do they send it regular first class mail, certified, UPS, FedEx or what? I'm wondering if I have to wait for my postman (who takes FOREVER) or if it might come earlier in the day...
😀
Does anyone know, do they send it regular first class mail, certified, UPS, FedEx or what? I'm wondering if I have to wait for my postman (who takes FOREVER) or if it might come earlier in the day...
😀
DarkFark said:they said it has probably already gone out, and if it hasn't it will be very soon. Quoteth the lady "You'll hear from us within the week".
Normally I find it takes only a couple of days. From Philly to MI i got something mailed on Friday by Monday.
I interviewed there on Oct 3rd so I probably won't hear until around first week of Nov. according to them on the interview day.
imrep1972 said:ok - so this is gonna be a TOTAL OCD question, but...
Does anyone know, do they send it regular first class mail, certified, UPS, FedEx or what? I'm wondering if I have to wait for my postman (who takes FOREVER) or if it might come earlier in the day...
😀
Hahahahaha. This is madness.
J'kwan said:Hahahahaha. This is madness.
'tis madness, 'tis. And madness it is.
Checked the mail today - nothing 🙁
I think I will go insane by the end of this week.
imrep1972 said:'tis madness, 'tis. And madness it is.
Checked the mail today - nothing 🙁
![]()
I think I will go insane by the end of this week.
You're well on your way already.

Hmm, these notification dates are different from what I heard...I interviewed there yesterday and we were told that some of our group should be reviewed in the committee meeting held tomorrow and some will be in the committee meeting next Wednesday (depending on when you were complete and when the interviewer reports come in). She said they would then send letters the following Thursday or Friday, meaning applicants would receive them Monday or Tuesday. So, I was under the impression they let you know one way or another in a couple weeks...CuddlyKumquat, did you get the same impression?
I wish they had a status page that updated when a decision was made!
I wish they had a status page that updated when a decision was made!
MrBurns10 said:Hmm, these notification dates are different from what I heard...I interviewed there yesterday and we were told that some of our group should be reviewed in the committee meeting held tomorrow and some will be in the committee meeting next Wednesday (depending on when you were complete and when the interviewer reports come in). She said they would then send letters the following Thursday or Friday, meaning applicants would receive them Monday or Tuesday. So, I was under the impression they let you know one way or another in a couple weeks...CuddlyKumquat, did you get the same impression?
I wish they had a status page that updated when a decision was made!
That sounds pretty much in line with what other folks have been saying -- early November. I hope that's right. And I of course hope to hear I got in. It sure would help ease the anxiety.
DarkFark said:Thanks. I've been thinking about the average mail time, pittsburgh to baltimore, and trying to figure out when precisely it will get here. I'm that bad. (incidentily, my conclusion is 40% chance tomorrow, 50% chance thursday, 10% chance friday.
Good luck to you too.
hahaha. It's funny, I've been wondering the same thing!
When you called, did you ask specifically about your file or your interview date? Thanks!qwerty123 said:hahaha. It's funny, I've been wondering the same thing!When you called, did you ask specifically about your file or your interview date? Thanks!
I mentioned my name and interview date... I'm not sure which they used!
AxlxA said:I was there on Oct 3rd as well. My faculty interviewer told me I'll know by mid november. Seems like all of us are getting different info? Did you guys send Thank you cards already? i haven't sent one!!
I usually send mine the next day, when details of our conversation are fresh in my mind (and I'm fresh enough in their mind that by the time they get the thank you they still remember who the heck i was).
MrBurns10 said:Hmm, these notification dates are different from what I heard...I interviewed there yesterday and we were told that some of our group should be reviewed in the committee meeting held tomorrow and some will be in the committee meeting next Wednesday (depending on when you were complete and when the interviewer reports come in). She said they would then send letters the following Thursday or Friday, meaning applicants would receive them Monday or Tuesday. So, I was under the impression they let you know one way or another in a couple weeks...CuddlyKumquat, did you get the same impression?
I wish they had a status page that updated when a decision was made!
Hmm, yea thats the impression I got from the tour guide but....after talking to Curtiss he put the deadline at end of Nov. But he had the tone of "if you don't hear by end of Nov, you might wanna call and check with us." But I think the completion of your file is the deciding factor on when they talk about you, so I am complete and I am freaking out. PRAY FOR ME!!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MrBurns10 said:Hmm, these notification dates are different from what I heard...I interviewed there yesterday and we were told that some of our group should be reviewed in the committee meeting held tomorrow and some will be in the committee meeting next Wednesday (depending on when you were complete and when the interviewer reports come in). She said they would then send letters the following Thursday or Friday, meaning applicants would receive them Monday or Tuesday. So, I was under the impression they let you know one way or another in a couple weeks...CuddlyKumquat, did you get the same impression?
I wish they had a status page that updated when a decision was made!
Burns, I interviewed there on the 17th as well, and was told similar information as you (that depending on when the evals came in and our files were complete we would be reviewed at the subsequent meetings). My overall impression was that you should hear from them in 2-4 weeks
DarkFark said:I got in!!!!!! my interviewer emailed me!!!
YES!
When did you interview?
and Congrats
DarkFark said:I got in!!!!!! my interviewer emailed me!!!
YES!
OH WOW! CONGRATS! Now tell them to let the rest of us in!!!!!!! haha 😍
DarkFark said:thanks everyone... and good luck!
I'm really happy right now.
Congrats, DarkFark! 😀
For those of us who received 2ndaries from pitt only recently, (i.e. submitted early this week), does anyone know how long before we can expect an invite/rejection? I absolutely hate waiting, it drives me crazy. Give me good news, bad news, ANY news!
darkfark: who interviewed you?
I'm so anxious I may just email my interviewer and ask her about my status since we got along well.
I'm so anxious I may just email my interviewer and ask her about my status since we got along well.
darkfark,
congrats! when did you interview?
congrats! when did you interview?
ultimateend said:darkfark: who interviewed you?
I'm so anxious I may just email my interviewer and ask her about my status since we got along well.
Dr. Heena Sheth was my interviewer. I was there on 9/16.
DarkFark said:I got in!!!!!! my interviewer emailed me!!!
YES!
Wow, DarkFark --- Congrats! I am SO happy for you right now. 🙂
I just hope I can be as happy for me very soon 😀
DarkFark said:I got in!!!!!! my interviewer emailed me!!!
YES!
Congratulations! I guess the time is coming near~ Good luck everyone!!!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so I got tired of waiting 😉 and called the office. The lady who answered (very friendly, btw) told me that they were sending out their letters *today*
This is different from what DarkFark was told. I'm not sure why that is, but hopefully that means we should start hearing by the early part of next week, at the latest.
This is different from what DarkFark was told. I'm not sure why that is, but hopefully that means we should start hearing by the early part of next week, at the latest.
imrep1972 said:Ok, so I got tired of waiting 😉 and called the office. The lady who answered (very friendly, btw) told me that they were sending out their letters *today*
This is different from what DarkFark was told. I'm not sure why that is, but hopefully that means we should start hearing by the early part of next week, at the latest.
That's odd, the person told me they sent them on Monday when I called on Tuesday.
imrep1972 said:Ok, so I got tired of waiting 😉 and called the office. The lady who answered (very friendly, btw) told me that they were sending out their letters *today*
This is different from what DarkFark was told. I'm not sure why that is, but hopefully that means we should start hearing by the early part of next week, at the latest.
When I called they sounded really ambiguous... it was like:
"they went out earlier this week... or they will soon. Actually, probably already, but if they didn't, then you'll still hear from us soon!"
maybe they've actually sorted everything out now.
qwerty123 said:Anyone else who interviewed mid-Sept to late Sept hear yet (besides DarkFark)? I'm starting to doubt myself.![]()
If you look at the "Wall of Fame" thread, you see that three people have heard. All three of them heard by some way *other* than snail mail. I'm starting to wonder if people who get accepted get emails/phone calls/whatever and those that are waitlisted/rejected get snail mail.
Not very encouraging.
😕
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 988
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 956