U Pitt State Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

personal jesus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to claim state residency at Pitt after the first year?

Members don't see this ad.

Nearly impossible. and pitt is a private school which gives a slight tuition break to in staters, so you'd still be paying more than most state schools as an in stater.

are you basing this off of experience or a specific case? Also I think instate pay 6k less which is alot over 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
when i was there i asked that explicit question, and i was told that it is not possible to gain residency while a medical student. pennsylvania law just doesn't allow it.

PJ: did you hear something already about your admissions status?

You are correct, there is roughly a 6k difference, as is the above post that it is nearly impossible to become a PA resident if you are not one already. At my interview that question was asked and the representative from the admissions office said that it essentially can't be done.

Sean

Ooops too slow. I believe it was mlw03 who was the one asking that question at my interview! ;) Sorry. Good luck guys!

Originally posted by mlw03

PJ: did you hear something already about your admissions status?

no news yet. hopefully next week