U.S army pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a retail pharmacist and recently talked to army recruiter about joining army. The benefits are so great but I am little scared about going to different countries etc. I am a female and retail pharmacist. But i have huge amount of student loans (230k) Do u think joining army is a good option for me? If there is anyone out there working as active duty pharmacist, tell me what your life is like.

Members don't see this ad.

isnt it just 120k when you sign up for army? I think after tax it wont be significant. Also military pharmacists get paid around 60-70k... I dont think its worth it.

It's totally worth it if you like what you do. I happen to love what I do with the Army. When you factor in the benefits, the pay is closer to 100K a year without the student loan reimbursement. You can have an entire Army career without having to move overseas if you'd like. That doesn't mean you won't deploy. That could and likely will happen at some point if you stay in long enough. It's about a 60:40 split between men and women.