UAB vs. UF for Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Georgie2013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to both UAB-Birmingham and UF for Dentistry, but I'm having a hard time deciding which school to attend. Can anyone offer some opinion or advice?

Members don't see this ad.

both are quality schools but weather wins

Members don't see this ad :)
UF, Hands down
Just curious why you say UF over UAB? I was accepted to both and wasn't sold on UF, I really loved UAB but since UF is my state school cost will play a factor. I personally hated the way UF interviewed and was really turned off to the school because of it, maybe I'm just taking too much emotion into my decision making process? Thanks for the input!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, congrats on your acceptances!

I was interviewed at UF and ultimately rejected. Wish I would have been accepted, but when I really sit down and think about why I like the school and wanted to get accepted there so bad, A LOT of it had to do with the cost. They obviously have their stuff together (although I noticed some things could use a renovation or updating) and it's without a doubt a great school. When I think about the students though, I'm being 100% honest when I say they were the most stressed and least friendly out of any of the schools I've interviewed at. You get a very heavy sense that it's uptight and the competitive spirit is rampant throughout the class and school. I also didn't like their style of interview, very interrogative and almost makes you feel inferior from the get-go, which I don't think proves very much to anyone.

I don't know anything about UAB, but if it's not a huge difference in cost I'd definitely consider going there. You really have to consider what's going to be okay with you... you don't want to go to a school that'll make you feel miserable since we'll already have enough on our plates just dealing with the material! At any rate, it's a tough decision and I'm trying to tell myself that I have to go with my gut feeling on a school so I'd advise you to do the same! Good luck! :luck:

Reactions: 1 users