ub and columbia interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogobruin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
well you can take the cab from buff to columbia...it will only cost about $1500 not including tip

It's much more expensive than taking a taxi to BUF and take aircraft to NYC. Ur suggestion is not help at all....:(

Members don't see this ad :)
It's much more expensive than taking a taxi to BUF and take aircraft to NYC. Ur suggestion is not help at all....:(

You need to buy your city to buffalo, then fly from buffalo to laguardia airport (or JFK depending on where in the city you are staying), laguardia back to your city.

just take your hotels shuttle bus to and from the airport at Buffalo. thats what i did. THe shuttle takes you to interview and from it also. Seems like you will have to leave buffalo right after your interview to get to NYC the same night for your other interview.

Hi,
If I will have an interview for ub on 925 and columbia interview on 926, do u know what ticket I should book to NYC. I donot know how to take taxi in buffalo, do I have to call them or just wave my hand toward the street? Or any shuttle that I could take? Thanks so much!

U can call a taxi in Buffalo, but it will cost around $300+ to get to NY.
It normally takes 6hours+ by car. (Rest time, traffic) Of course, if u push hard up to 110MPH & 150MPH(intermittently) combination without grabbing any snacks, racing, & ticket, it will take about slightly more than 4hours. :laugh: If u are new there, never rent a car and drive urself! There are so many toll gates, so u will be stuck!

In fact, u are lucky!

I will give a tip for you.

1. Call a taxi to local bus station(Grey hounds or US coaches)
2. Take a bus (around $20+)
3. Get off at NYC (Final destination)
4. Take a taxi ($20) to ur destination...

Or

1. Call a taxi to local air port (Buffalo)
2. Take a plane and get off at JFK on Jamaica street (or alternatives)
3. Call a taxi to ur final destination. (This time taxi will cost u around $30+ including tips)

Otherwise, do some rearrangements for ur best interest!
Don't forget there is always taxi..in emergency cases!!

In summary,
buy air ticket
a. To buffalo
b. From buffalo to NYC
c. NYC to ur home

but, u can just buy
a. To Buffalo
b. NYC to ur home

The only thing I don't know is whether there is an airport in Buffalo. Othewise, there must be an airport very close from Buffalo, in which case it will cost a bit more extra money!!

Last edited:
According to the map,

the distance between NYC~Buffalo (Both in NY state) is longer than that between Buffalo(NY state) ~ Indianapolis(Indiana state)
;)

I'll tell you first hand that Buffalo and NYC is a long way away. The NYS Thru-way goes from Buffalo to Albany, and then south toward NYC, so it is not exactly the straighest/quickest way distance wise. FYI, driving a consistent 80mph the distance between Buffalo and Albany is about 4hrs.

Check out Jet Blue for one way flights from Buffalo to NYC. Jet Blue flies into JFK which is farther from Manhattan than LaGuardia, but you will more than likely save on your flight to justify the extra cost/time of dealing with JFK than LaGuardia.

All of my classmates here at Buffalo from NYC fly Jet Blue.

Last edited:
Last year in the group that I interviewed with there was one guy who had driven all the way from his previous interview. He had just had the interview at Stonybrook the day before. It took him 10 hours to go from one end of the state to another. Columbia to Buffalo isn't so bad. At least your not driving out from where NYU is situated.

Last year in the group that I interviewed with there was one guy who had driven all the way from his previous interview. He had just had the interview at Stonybrook the day before. It took him 10 hours to go from one end of the state to another. Columbia to Buffalo isn't so bad. At least your not driving out from where NYU is situated.

NYU and Columbia are both in manhattan, travel time is not that different. Did you mean where SB is situated?