-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UBC 2008 Applicants
Started by kimdan
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lets not do that AT the interview.
are u ready for it?
are u ready for it?
Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, i think i'm ready. i mean, how do you know? i'll have answers for their questions, if that's what you mean
i'm not nervous in the sense that i'm scared of the questions and what i'll say, just nervous because i've been working up to this day for... a long time?
i'm not nervous in the sense that i'm scared of the questions and what i'll say, just nervous because i've been working up to this day for... a long time?
yeah, i meant it as 'are you ready for the 30 minutes that can potentially change your life' kinda thing 🙂
Good luck to all of us!!
Good luck to all of us!!
have they been asked during the interview in the provious years? i guess it is fair to assume that at least one question about the cons of pharmacy will be asked.
i hope they dont get too technical
i hope they dont get too technical
Just be glad that they don't ask "aptitude/knowledge" questions, like a lot of med interviews I've heard of. 🙂
ha. "let's say i'm having leg pain, and i'm allergic to narcotics, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen. deathly. allergic. and i can't have more than 300ppm. what do you recommend?"
i just made stuff up... but... that would be fun to answer.
"an ice pack"
i just made stuff up... but... that would be fun to answer.
"an ice pack"
hahahha!! "Ice pack" is better than anything I would be able to come up with!
so any potential anwers that you would like to share?wow where'd you come up with those questions?
errrr
there could be lots of potential answers... i'm very hesitant to put them here of course
wow where'd you come up with those questions?
errrr
there could be lots of potential answers... i'm very hesitant to put them here of course
I'm guessing he got it from someone in pharmacy right now. Assume everyone cheated and got questions from someone else.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm guessing he got it from someone in pharmacy right now. Assume everyone cheated and got questions from someone else.
That would suck. I'm playing this interview straight-up (take it for whatever it's worth considering I'm just some random guy on the net!) and I hope most of my fellow applicants are as well.
And anyway, I don't think they'll re-use too many questions from past years. That would pave way for too large an advantage for those who ask others for questions.
Ah well, goodluck to those who have it tomorrow. I'm be cramming hard for mine on tues... one full day of concentrated prep better be enough!
Wrong.I'm guessing he got it from someone in pharmacy right now. Assume everyone cheated and got questions from someone else.
Over and done.
Now the wait begins...! So much burden off my chest!
One of the interviewers was the nicest person I've met. But the other person..... Idunno.
Now I can focus on the final exam on Friday. If I had my interview on the Thurs I would've failed the course for sure. I haven't even touched my books cuz of the interview!
Well, good luck to those who are anxiously waiting for their interview.
Cheers!
Now the wait begins...! So much burden off my chest!
One of the interviewers was the nicest person I've met. But the other person..... Idunno.
Now I can focus on the final exam on Friday. If I had my interview on the Thurs I would've failed the course for sure. I haven't even touched my books cuz of the interview!
Well, good luck to those who are anxiously waiting for their interview.
Cheers!
Over and done.
Now the wait begins...! So much burden off my chest!
One of the interviewers was the nicest person I've met. But the other person..... Idunno.
Now I can focus on the final exam on Friday. If I had my interview on the Thurs I would've failed the course for sure. I haven't even touched my books cuz of the interview!
Well, good luck to those who are anxiously waiting for their interview.
Cheers!
Must be a good feeling to have it done with! Good luck with the wait😉
so we get to know the results by the end of next week?
Yupyup. I'm guessing the accepted will get their e-mail on Thurs and the rejected 🙁 will get theirs on Fri. One thing's for sure, the accepted get theirs first. If they really work diligently, I think it is possible to get the e-mail by Wed!
Anyways, good luck to all of us!!!!

It wasn't too bad, I'm just glad that I'm finished.
I was nervous just because my interviewers didn't make me feel very comfortable.
😱 Oh no~ do you mean by their attitudes? Or the questions asked?
I'm pretty sure it was the attitude... every interviewer follows set protocols in asking questions etc..
you surely don't mean you expect the emails next week thursday? thursday in two weeks, maybe. they've been historically pushing the limits with their admissions decisions (maybe its part of the final test, whoever emails margaret the most gets a prime position. or blacklisted.)
anyways, my interview today, went, well, comma, good. but one of my interviewers looked soooooo bored when the other one was asking a question and i was responding... like, blatantly rolling his eyes and it sort of ... offended me.🙁 dick.
but i made the other one laugh and nod a few times, she must have been a pharmacist. she enjoyed my starbucks stories as well.
aaaaah now to relax. and wait.
anyways, my interview today, went, well, comma, good. but one of my interviewers looked soooooo bored when the other one was asking a question and i was responding... like, blatantly rolling his eyes and it sort of ... offended me.🙁 dick.
but i made the other one laugh and nod a few times, she must have been a pharmacist. she enjoyed my starbucks stories as well.
aaaaah now to relax. and wait.
sorry I should have clarified, it was the attitude. The questions were pretty easy and straightforward.I'm pretty sure it was the attitude... every interviewer follows set protocols in asking questions etc..
Oh I am positive the mails are coming next week. That's what's been happening last year too (interviews ended on 28th and mails came 4th~5th). That's what the little sheet we got at the end of the interview said too. They are fast.
What an a$$ for that guy to roll his eye right infront of you!! I don't think such a person should be interviewing anyone!
I think they purposely put one nice person and the other not so nice or sumthing? cuz one of my interviewer was kind of mean too. 🙁
What an a$$ for that guy to roll his eye right infront of you!! I don't think such a person should be interviewing anyone!
I think they purposely put one nice person and the other not so nice or sumthing? cuz one of my interviewer was kind of mean too. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can expect 20~25. I can't remember for sure but it was around that.
Oh I am positive the mails are coming next week. That's what's been happening last year too (interviews ended on 28th and mails came 4th~5th). That's what the little sheet we got at the end of the interview said too. They are fast.
What an a$$ for that guy to roll his eye right infront of you!! I don't think such a person should be interviewing anyone!
I think they purposely put one nice person and the other not so nice or sumthing? cuz one of my interviewer was kind of mean too. 🙁
Maybe you both had the same ones 😛
Ack, can't believe mine is tomorrow already...
Mine were all ladies 🙂 which made me feel more comfortable.Maybe you both had the same ones 😛
Ack, can't believe mine is tomorrow already...
I know, time flies huh? Get a good night's sleep and good luck tomorrow!
yeah I ended up getting outta there after 35 minutes.. Shame I didn't get to ask them any questions but at least I used up the timedid you guys use more than 25 mins?
I get sudden waves of nausea.
I think we are all nervous to a certain degree!
I think we are all nervous to a certain degree!
oh boy~ do you think we need to come up with a lot of specific examples?![]()
x 10000000~
hahahah we can't spill the beans.
both of my interviewers were stone cold and barely showed any expression. Over all i think it went pretty well. READY FOR THE 10 MOST STRESSFUL DAYS OF YOUR LIVE COMING UPP??
hahahah we can't spill the beans.
both of my interviewers were stone cold and barely showed any expression. Over all i think it went pretty well. READY FOR THE 10 MOST STRESSFUL DAYS OF YOUR LIVE COMING UPP??
Ooops, didn't mean it that way. lol The wait is always stressful >.<
wouldn't the ten days start after the last interview? so its like 14 days?
Ya I hope they don't start making decisions about you guys until I get my turn! 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya I hope they don't start making decisions about you guys until I get my turn! 😉
certainly not! it would be really unfair/unreasonable if that actually happened lol
So I'm guessing that we should be hearing back around the 10th or so?
When I applied in 2006 and 2007 the interview dates were almost identical. In 2006 I got my "no soup for you" email on the 5th, then last year I got the good email on the 4th.
Unfortunately some people will likely be kept in limbo for a while because you end up on the bubble and get waitlisted. Check out the UBC 2007 thread (I think it is on page 2 at the moment). On pages 7 and 8 of that thread you can see the stess caused by having to wait until the 28th of July to find out if you are in or not.
Good luck everybody.🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 208
- Views
- 30K
