UBC 2009 applicants/class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Principessa07

Jr. Drug Dealer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
because it's finally our turn... and i'm sure i am not the only one who is excruciatingly nervous !

Members don't see this ad.

sooooooooooo whos confused for applications?!?!?!
as a non ubc student... i dont know if i should apply in november or january

applications go from nov to feb so i dont think it matters as long as you get it done. by the way, which university do you go to if you are not a ubc applicant?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying this year too.. don't know how well it's going to go since I'll only have Chem 121 done by the January PCAT. Anyone else here first year?

yeah, i'm also a first year hoping to get in. I tried to register to take the PCAT at the UBC in january, but ALL the spots were filled up.. i guess that means alot of people are taking it?

How competitive do you think it'll be this year?

hello everyone..im applying this year too

you can still do it at ashton college

boy it filled up pretty quickly this year

is that any indication of anything?

i hope it's not an indication of what's to come

i'm pretty sure it means a lot of applicants this year?? yeah i'm taking it at the Ashton college one. Drats, I'm out of province so the prospects for me aren't looking very good right now haha.

Anybody know how many seats are there for the PCAT at ubc?

Hey! im applying also for 2009. Im stressing out though. I still have this semester and next semester to finish first year pre-reqs and my gpa isnt so great =S BUT im hoping my experience gets me somwhere at least......Im wondering what my chances will be with a low maybe 70% gpa but with these as my experience....

-I went to pharmacy technician school finished that and I have been working in a hospital pharmacy as a pharmacy technician for a year and a half. Had a practicum in community pharmacy also.

-volunteer experience: traveled to Tijuana to do work in rough communities, a mentor volunteer for youths facing challenges, volunteer at a nursing home for patients with dementia

see i have quite a bit of experience and knowledge about pharmacy and lots of volunteer work.....but my gpa isnt great! I dont know where I stand? does anyone have any insight?

as far as the PCAT goes i registered for oct 18 but realized that I didnt have enough time to study and unfortunately it was too late to deregister so Im going to have to take it and just choose the no score option. I registered for the January sitting BUT i have to take it in BELLINGHAM!.....so if anyone is stuck with no pcat registration Bellingham still has spots. I figured its the closest and im familiar with the location so thats why I chose it! anyways! this is getting to long!

insight please!!!

To hopefulph:

From what I can tell from the previous year, it seems like work and volunteer experience or extracurriculars do count, and are weighted quite a bit prior to getting an interview (post interview, i think it's weighted less?). How did the PCAT go? From what I can see in the books, the PCAT does not seem overly difficult, although some of the bio and organic chem topics are new to me and will probably involve some self teaching.
Because I'm only first year and trying to get in myself, I'm not sure if any of the advice I have to offer would be of much benefit. Ideally it would be good to raise up the overall gpa so just concentrate on your studies and it will show (i should probably take my own advice there). I think admission avgs have been ~75% so try to aim for that.