Hey everyone, and it's great to meet you all! I'm so glad that I found this site before the Deciding Moment. Anyway, I'm kind of in the same situation as the poster above, except that I have NO pharmacy experience whatsoever, although I have an "okay" amount of volunteering and employment experiences, and feel pretty good about the overall quality of the online application. My pre-req avg. is 79.6% (safe to say 80%?) and PCAT is 95%. So... my real question becomes: Could my absence of pharm. experience be an extremely key factor in determining my outcome, assuming that I did so-so in the interview? I know that, of course, nobody is psychic and that my description seems vague, but I just want people here to weigh in to see what they think. Honest replies most welcome!!!! 🙂 Oh, and does anyone know how many applicants with BSc were there in the last cycle and how many of those got in? For those who are wondering (probably none, ha-ha ^_^), I've graduated with Cell Biology from UBC last May, so I'm really crossing my fingers that my degree would help me out with this somewhat....
I went to the mock interview last Saturday and I found it really helpful, although it was still pretty nerve-wrecking considering that I only found out that day that it'll change to the MMI format this year... Oh well.... Nonetheless, I want to thank so much to all those who organized that simulated interview!!!! 🙂
Maybe a little too late for most, but when I studied for PCAT, I used the McGraw-Hill PCAT study guide and I found that its tips on Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Ability pretty helpful, although the O-chem section was too detailed and included many things that I didn't need for my test (eg. mass spectrometry, NMR). The Biology part I thought was okay although I couldn't really recall much about that from the book. One downside to this book is that I don't recall being sold in bookstores like Chapters, but it is being sold on sites like Amazon.ca. However, I would suggest looking for it in the library first to see if what I said is right for YOU; I'm not sure about other municipalities, but if you use the Vancouver Public Library, then you can see for yourself! By the way, for the chem portion I just studied from my Chem 121/123/233/205 notes and I did a lot better than expected on that part... Yeah, I know it's a lot of chem notes but it's really worth it, but those practice Qs from PCAT site also helped me a lot too.
Sorry about this long post of mine, but I've never been very good at being concise, be it for Facebook or formal writing! 😛 Good luck on your midterms, everyone!!!! 😀