karmaoser

10+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Has anyone experienced a long wait to get an intervierw from either school? I have asked and know that my application is still being reviewedand am takikng that as an encouraging point, but the wait is starting to get to me.

Daydreamer2008

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Ya, still waiting on UC Irvine (complete in november), and UC Davis didn't even bother to give me a secondary, or a rejection for that matter. So lame. And I'm also waiting on UCLA :(

AtreyuRocks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2007
Richmond, VA
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
I myself applied MSTP at UC Irvine this cycle... I had the same experience with a pending interview, and just recently the dreaded DENIED appeared (without warning, no email, no letter). Despite my misfortunes, in talking with many other applicants, many are still pending for an interview despite applying in July. I should also note that as a UC Irvine alum, I know many people throughout the program as well as in the admin... plain and simple, UC Irvine is just notoriously slow. Don't lose hope, I have had many friends interview extremely late in the season (when most schools have sent all offers) and get accepted even later (weeks or days before school begins). Don't lose hope, keep calling to express interest!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.