UC Davis Call Schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heech

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know the call schedule for UC Davis? I've heard through the grapevine that it's "busy"... but that can mean different things to different people.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

the call schedule itself is not bad, q7 while not on night float and 8 weeks of night float a year. they are busy b/c of heavy flow/volume? that's the feeling i got.

the call schedule itself is not bad, q7 while not on night float and 8 weeks of night float a year. they are busy b/c of heavy flow/volume? that's the feeling i got.
Appreciate the insight... so, they have night-float... and is Q7 the typical schedule for all night-floats? Does that translate into two calls per month?

Others have talked about how not all night-floats are equal: in some, day shifters sign out very late. Any idea whether that applies to Davis? Do they have a short-call thrown in there so that not everyone's at work until 7 PM every week day?

Members don't see this ad :)
UC Davis does have night float. The night float is only for those that are on L&D at Davis or at Kaiser blocks. It is two weeks on and two off, usually during a 2 month LD block. Signout is 6:30 pm/7:30am throughout the week. So you will usually start night float on a sunday call or at 6:30, work to Friday have clinic in the am to follow signout. Then get Sat off. Then back into your second week. UCD is a busy service. They have alot of clinical volume so the training is excellent. In fact it has more clinical volume than UW or Ohsu, but these programs tend to overshadow it in academic funds. Hope this helps

"is Q7 the typical schedule for all night-floats? Does that translate into two calls per month?"

hmm...not sure how you figured two calls per month. if it is q7 (meaning every 7 days, or once a week) that should be about 4 calls per month shouldn't it? :confused: