UC Davis Cell Phone Coverage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

to any of you guys who are in the Davis area, which cell phone provider gets the best coverage? I currently have AT&T, but am thinking of switching to Sprint. Is Sprint coverage ok over there? How is Verizon?

~finn

Members don't see this ad.

i couldn't get cingular coverage on hte davis campus around the med school. in sac the coverage was spotty, but not as bad.

I have AT&T and it is okay on the campus and most places in town. In Sac there are some spotty places and along the freeway b/w Davis and Sac there are places that I always drop a call. I have heard some people complain about Sprint and others say it is fine. I may look into Verizon too but I want to talk to someone who has it first and see what they think....

Members don't see this ad :)
Used to be in sac and Davis. Sprint absolutely sucked a$$. I would get dropped calls all the time. Got Verison while I was still there and it worked great.

my dad has at&t and ALWAYS drops calls in sac (esp in the area of the hospitals).

Originally posted by dentate_gyrus
my dad has at&t and ALWAYS drops calls in sac (esp in the area of the hospitals).

I agree. Anytime I get too near the freeway the reception goes. At&T only seems good downtown at the Capitol and at the malls. I spoke to my cousin today who lived here for 4 years and she had Verizon and said coverage was very good in both Davis and most of Sac.

Lived and worked in Davis Sac for 4 years. Had Cingular and Verizon. Both will do, but I preferred Verizon. Fewer dropped calls, esp leaving Sac south on 5 or 99 towards the central valley. DONT GET SPRINT. It's terrible.

Verizon has by far the best coverage in both Davis and Sacramento. You will pay a little more for this but the decision is yours. Stay away from Cingular, though things might have changed the coverage was very poor in Davis a couple years back.

MadC