finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
CA
Status (Visible)
Hi guys,

to any of you guys who are in the Davis area, which cell phone provider gets the best coverage? I currently have AT&T, but am thinking of switching to Sprint. Is Sprint coverage ok over there? How is Verizon?

~finn

dentate_gyrus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
i couldn't get cingular coverage on hte davis campus around the med school. in sac the coverage was spotty, but not as bad.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have AT&T and it is okay on the campus and most places in town. In Sac there are some spotty places and along the freeway b/w Davis and Sac there are places that I always drop a call. I have heard some people complain about Sprint and others say it is fine. I may look into Verizon too but I want to talk to someone who has it first and see what they think....

About the Ads

Docgeorge

Bent Over and Violated
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2002
Not on the Beach
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Used to be in sac and Davis. Sprint absolutely sucked a$$. I would get dropped calls all the time. Got Verison while I was still there and it worked great.

dentate_gyrus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
my dad has at&t and ALWAYS drops calls in sac (esp in the area of the hospitals).

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by dentate_gyrus
my dad has at&t and ALWAYS drops calls in sac (esp in the area of the hospitals).

I agree. Anytime I get too near the freeway the reception goes. At&T only seems good downtown at the Capitol and at the malls. I spoke to my cousin today who lived here for 4 years and she had Verizon and said coverage was very good in both Davis and most of Sac.

scooter31

'Ello Guv'nah!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2002
LAS <---> BOS
Status (Visible)
Lived and worked in Davis Sac for 4 years. Had Cingular and Verizon. Both will do, but I preferred Verizon. Fewer dropped calls, esp leaving Sac south on 5 or 99 towards the central valley. DONT GET SPRINT. It's terrible.

madcadaver

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2003
CA
Status (Visible)
Verizon has by far the best coverage in both Davis and Sacramento. You will pay a little more for this but the decision is yours. Stay away from Cingular, though things might have changed the coverage was very poor in Davis a couple years back.

MadC

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.