UC Davis Class of 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zhenka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is anybody going to UC Davis this fall? :rolleyes: I couldn't find a single post on these forums regurding Davis. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes!!! I'll be an incoming 1st year student at Davis this Fall. I posted a similar message to yours a little while back, but I think I might have posted it a little too early. Are you planning on going too?

Hell yeh! I'm definitely going. I've actually just got my acceptance about a week ago, so I'm still getting used to the idea. Have you started looking for housing yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest Chatuaqua or Casitas.... Or anything connected to Tandem Properties.

I've had good experiences with the above. Bring a bike, of course.... Bike friendly town.

Avoid, University Commons.... EEEKKK, la cucarachas (sp?), bugs, etc. although its closer to campus and a little cheaper, but not worth the stinking place.

Any students also look for roommates.... Look into the Aggie Newspaper in the want ads.

Good luck to you both!!! and Congratulations!!!

I second the congrats on the new acceptance!! Yeah I took care of the housing thing a little while ago. Housing in Davis is very scare, so I'd recommend looking as soon as possible. If you have any questions about housing and stuff I'm pretty familiar with the area, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. Look forward to meeting you in the Fall!

Thanks for congratulations.. How do you guys sign the lease for the first year when the year is only 9 months long?

Most places in Davis only offer 12 month leases. The solution that most students who only want to stay in town during the school year usually come up with is to sub-lease during the summer. There are quite a few people who look for places just for the summertime because of the summer sessions that the main UC Davis campus offers. Hope this helps!!

bruinboy's got it.... Just make an advertisement in the Aggie or post on the lecture halls.... before you know it you'll get a response.... :cool:

Would you say it's better to rent alone or with a roommate? Having experienced living with roommates during my undergrad years I sort of want to have some peace of mind in medical school. :p But on the other hand, I guess it's more fun to have some company at home when you''re stuck in lectures from 9 to 5. What do you guys think? :confused:

Personally, I loved living alone.... You'll make many connections and friends while in Davis and you have the liberty to come and go without having to think about the other party. You can always hang out with friend in THE GRADUATE or just chill out at someone else's place. I think of my apartment as a piece of mind.... Invite friends, go to friends houses, chill somewhere else.... Anyway, like yourself I love to have a small part of my world where I can find peace for myself. Besides, you'll probably find some fellow med students in the same apartment complex.... in that case, it's like having your own room in a REALLY BIG HOUSE!!! :D

I think its pretty much a personal choice. I've got my own place for the Fall, but then again I tend to keep odd study hours. The roommate thing was fun during my undergrad years, but I want a little bit more freedom on the hours I keep and the amount of distractions I want to deal with. Besides, with only 93 students, I'm sure it will be a pretty tight class. I don't think I'll have any problems being bored.

BTW, The UCD Med Class of 2005 Webpage is up. Check it out at http://cim.ucdavis.edu

Bumping it up. Is anybody else going to Davis this Fall??? :rolleyes:

I am a Second year Medical Student at SGU and we had a visiting professor from UC Davis. Dr Green He taught hemotology, he was an excellent Professor