UC Davis class of 2012-- when to start looking for housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sindee1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm almost sure I am attending UCD in fall 2008, so if you are, HI!--we are in the same class!

Anyway, I am posting this because I don't know if I should start looking for housing now. When do you plan on looking for housing? Do you think it's best to wait until the quarter is over when the graduates move out and more housing is available?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey fellow classmate,

I'm not going to start looking until June or early July since orientation week begins around July 28th. I think it's easier to find a house around those times since I hear that many student have leases that end in the summer.

I'm almost sure I am attending UCD in fall 2008, so if you are, HI!--we are in the same class!

Anyway, I am posting this because I don't know if I should start looking for housing now. When do you plan on looking for housing? Do you think it's best to wait until the quarter is over when the graduates move out and more housing is available?

Looking for housing right now is too early. June is a good time to start. Also, your class will have a website and people will post on the announcements page regarding roommates etc. There will DEFINITELY be housing in June... if you look for it now you may not have as many choices than if you looked in June.

Members don't see this ad :)