UC Irvine, San Fernando Valley, Cedars-Sinai opinions/comparison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyGenome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since programs are constantly changing and since I couldn't find much past information to compare these programs, can anyone comment on resident lifestyle at each program (UC Irvine, San Fernando Valley, Cedars-Sinai), or compare them based on what you've heard or know?

-Hours/Call?
-Benefits/how it deals with maternity?
-How residents are treated?
-Comradery?
-Overall resident happiness?
-Would it be difficult to match into a local Child program during 4th year of the program?
-Any special positives or negatives you've heard about the program?

Any and all input would really be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Since programs are constantly changing and since I couldn't find much past information to compare these programs, can anyone comment on resident lifestyle at each program (UC Irvine, San Fernando Valley, Cedars-Sinai), or compare them based on what you've heard or know?

-Hours/Call?
-Benefits/how it deals with maternity?
-How residents are treated?
-Comradery?
-Overall resident happiness?
-Would it be difficult to match into a local Child program during 4th year of the program?
-Any special positives or negatives you've heard about the program?

Any and all input would really be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Since not much information is available on SDN, it would be a wonderful service to the community if, after your interview, you returned to this thread to document you thoughts on all of the above.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since not much information is available on SDN, it would be a wonderful service to the community if, after your interview, you returned to this thread to document you thoughts on all of the above.

I agree, but till then, any info? Especially from people who know current residents or are current residents? It's sad how little input scutwork.com has too.

I agree, but till then, any info?
Have you looked over last year's or the year before that's interview review thread? UCLA-SFV and Cedars-Sinai were both reviewed well and I think UCI might have been reviewed too.