UC Post Baccs 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, do you think they prefer reapplicants, instead of first-time applicants.. because it seems like those that are applying for a second time are getting interviews... :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all. So I applied to the UCs as a first time applicant. Applied to UCD, UCSD, and UCSF. Haven't heard back yet aside from being rejected from UCSF. I do know that UCSF is looking more for reapplicants this year. I heard the head of the program talking at a health conference, and they had 8 slots for over 400+ people, but they were looking more for reapplicants due to budget cuts. I don't know about the other UCs though.

I know the same situation is similar for most schools as far as the amount of applicants, but not whether reapps where preferred. I've interviewed at UCSD, UCLA, UCSF, and UCD and know that SF, LA, and Diego are sending out final notices this week. I got accepted into Davis and decided to take the opportunity and withdrew my app from the other schools. Hope you guys get in! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted to UCLA RAP!! Only interview I got from the UC postbacs. So glad to have some sort of plan now.

Congrats, creole queen and SilentSoldier! I got the good news and I will be going to UCSD!! It was my only interview (first time applicant btw) but my first choice anyway. Best of luck to everyone else!

Congrats, creole queen and SilentSoldier! I got the good news and I will be going to UCSD!! It was my only interview (first time applicant btw) but my first choice anyway. Best of luck to everyone else!

How did you find out?

I applied to the RAP with UCLA. I have not heard anything yet.

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?

Anyone know if interviews for UCSD, UCD, or UCLA are still going out? I'm a re-applicant after getting rejected from every medical school, so I could use some help...:scared:

UCD is still making decisions til early - mid June... I asked them :)

GOOD LUCK !

I believe UCSD said they were done with interviews about a week ago, but I'm not absolutely sure. Good luck!

I doubt there are any more interviews. UCLA might still be calling for interviews because it's just for re-applicants and the deadline was later, but I believe UCI and UCSF even have a waiting list, so even if those admitted do not accept their spot, there is someone else in line for it :( Sorry, keep trying! Best of luck to you all.

UCLA isn't interviewing any longer, when I went they said they were only interviewing for 2 weeks, and I also got an email stating I had been placed on the waitlist before withdrawing my application. Congrats to everyone who got in, and to those who didn't keep your heads up and stay positive!:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I called UCLA today and they said they conclude sending interview invitations this Friday

New to the thread! I am a re-applicant and applied to UCD, UCSD, UCSF and UCLA. I interviewed for all but UCSD and got accepted to UCD and UCLA. I am accepting the spot for UCLA RAP and starting soooo soon!

UCD and UCSF just got back to me this week and I never heard from UCSD. I am happy though :)

Hope this helps!

I wonder if UCLA rap has concluded the interview/acceptance process or not, have they sent rejection letters at all???

UCD is still making decisions til early - mid June... I asked them :)

GOOD LUCK !

Do you know if they're still doing interviews or just deciding on who they have now?

Do you know if they're still doing interviews or just deciding on who they have now?
I think the last interview was done this past week, but not sure though.

Anyone else going to UCD?! I'd love to get to know my new classmates!

Anyone else going to UCD?! I'd love to get to know my new classmates!
That's very awesome that you're going to UCD. When did they inform you that you were selected? When was your interview? I'm still waiting to hear back from them either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Wish me luck!:xf:

That's very awesome that you're going to UCD. When did they inform you that you were selected? When was your interview? I'm still waiting to hear back from them either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Wish me luck!:xf:

They had a really fast turnaround time! I interviewed on 5/17 and they let me know on 5/22. Good luck!!

They had a really fast turnaround time! I interviewed on 5/17 and they let me know on 5/22. Good luck!!

UCLAs was really fast too, I was notified like 2 days after I interviewed.

Also it seems as if UCLA is still extending their app season, a few of my friends got an email from them so any reapps here could still hear something.

When did you interview? I had mine yesterday June 5th. Does anyone remember the names of the UCD panel that interviewed?

When did you interview? I had mine yesterday June 5th. Does anyone remember the names of the UCD panel that interviewed?

HELLO!!

ANYONE WHO HAS HAD AN INTERVIEW, do you mind sharing some of the questions they asked?

THANKS
:D:)

Last edited:
They will ask specific questions regarding the information/academic background in your application. Also, just the expected questions of why you want to be in medicine, why you want to be in the program, what are your plans if you do not make it into the program... No trick or odd questions!
Be confident, smile, and best of luck to you!

They will ask specific questions regarding the information/academic background in your application. Also, just the expected questions of why you want to be in medicine, why you want to be in the program, what are your plans if you do not make it into the program... No trick or odd questions!
Be confident, smile, and best of luck to you!

Thank you! :cool:

New to the thread! I am a re-applicant and applied to UCD, UCSD, UCSF and UCLA. I interviewed for all but UCSD and got accepted to UCD and UCLA. I am accepting the spot for UCLA RAP and starting soooo soon!

UCD and UCSF just got back to me this week and I never heard from UCSD. I am happy though :)

Hope this helps!

Congrats on UCLA! May I ask what your stats are? :)

They asked questions regarding your personal/family background, where you grew up, what type of schools you went to, etc. Some asked about a difficult time in your life that you had to overcome. Most meaningful experience. What's your biggest success? What are weaknesses in your application/academic profile? What do you hope to gain from the post-bac program?

I agree with alexpostbac22, be confident, know you application, show that you can succeed. Good Luck!

Been monitoring these forums for awhile and just wanted to chime in. I just got my acceptance call today from the UCD post bac program. Good luck to all those still waiting!!

Mine was on may 31, but I havent heard back from them yet. I called and left a message, but still no news from Alicia. Good luck to you!

Been monitoring these forums for awhile and just wanted to chime in. I just got my acceptance call today from the UCD post bac program. Good luck to all those still waiting!!

Congrats on your acceptance!! When was your interview?

Last edited:

AWESOME!!!!!!! Are you going?! I'm going there!! Getting so excited to start!! Congrats on the acceptance!

Congrats to those who have gotten in!!! I had an interview with UCD on June 5th. Does anyone know how they will inform you if you didn't get in?

A friend of mine said UCD was still doing interviews? Can anyone confirm this? Is this the last week for them?

Edit: And a big congrats to those who got in. =D

A friend of mine said UCD was still doing interviews? Can anyone confirm this? Is this the last week for them?

When I talked to them they said the last day for interviews was June 5th.

Yes they are, I received an invite today from UCD. So there's still hope!!

When is your interview?

Well its scheduled for Thursday, but its a phone interview. I dont know if I'm going to take it though since I've already been accepted to RAP

Who has gotten accepted to Davis so far? I know that their program starts next week...

Who has gotten accepted to Davis so far? I know that their program starts next week...
Not me!😔 I am still waiting. I guess if you dont hear back from them a week or two after your interiview, it means you are not accepted for the program. Who else has not heard back from Davis? Have any if you tried to contact Alicia and able to get a hold of her?

Not me!😔 I am still waiting. I guess if you dont hear back from them a week or two after your interiview, it means you are not accepted for the program. Who else has not heard back from Davis? Have any if you tried to contact Alicia and able to get a hold of her?

First-time applicant here and I haven't heard from UCD or UCSD :confused:

Does anyone know if Davis' program still start this Monday? I still haven't heard back...