UC Post Baccs 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexpostbac22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I could not find a forum for UC postbaccs for this year, so hopefully we can get things started here! HAs anyone completed the application yet? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

My application is pending because of one letter of recommendation. I applied last year, but application was complete until past the deadline, so this year I made sure it was early. Is anyone applying? If so, which UC post bacc would be the ideal one for you?

It looks like nobody else is applying this year :0
I have an interview next week at UCI !!!!!! :D ;) :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is on March 29th. I wonder how many interviews were granted

idk, but mine is the same day! Let's meet for breakfast!

Last edited:
im studying for the mcat and wont be able to submit the app by 11th.
any advice?????

I did not submit an MCAT score since I haven't taken it. Go ahead and submit it, and then email the postbac consortium to update them on the MCAT score. If you just mean that you don't have time for the application, be aware that it's a quite easy and relatively short application. It only has 3 essay questions and then you enter your basic info and courses. I honestly think that you could finish it up in a day, maybe have your writing checked by someone, and then submit it. If your letters of rec and transcripts are in, then the moment you submit it, it's a complete application. However if something is missing, it will be pending and not reviewed until completed. Good luck!

Last edited:
Yeah the rec letters are the main issue. I'm not sure if my writers can finish my LORs by that time....otherwise I'd get on the app process and finish it in a couple of days

Hey Guys, I had my interview this week at UCI... It was a very chill and laid back format. Taken into consideration that is can be nerve wrecking at first. There were 11-12 interview questions (i.e. Why Medicine, Tell me about yourself, what are strength and weaknesses etc...), many of which are too many to remember. Any who, the staff was very friendly and casual, they just wanted you to open up about yourself. Pretty much, the interview seem positive and headed in the right direction. For those waiting (from talking to previous alums), UC post bacc programs GENERALLY (I can be wrong though, but from what i was told from alums and advisors) wait till all the applicants are in by the deadline (April 11th I believe) to screen and notify you for an interview if you are a likely candidate. Be patient and have faith. Good luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it required to be "disadvantaged" to apply at UC's?

No need to be patient. UCI said they will be done interviewing next week and make their decision within a couple weeks. UCI deadline was in
February. All other ones have april deadlines.

yeah you have to be disadvantaged according to the website and based on the questions during the interview

No need to be patient. UCI said they will be done interviewing next week and make their decision within a couple weeks. UCI deadline was in
February. All other ones have april deadlines.
What's with the negative energy bro? Apparently, UCI interviews are done quite earlier than the rest... What I meant is to be patient and wait for the others. I hope that your interview went well with UCI, if not, at least you can learn from the interview process. I surely did, hopefully I can make changes in time for the others...

I was offered a spot at UCI ! I was not being negative, just sharing the information I have. UCI is the only one with the early deadline, and I'm glad they are not making us wait forever to know their decision. I think it's definitely a plus and other UC s should do the same. Good luck to all! and yeah be patient because the other UCs deadline has not even passed yet. :)

Congrats Bro... I got accepted also. That's TWO on the list. I think there are 8 more slots. They were pretty fast with their decision. That made my day when I heard back from them. Again, congrats and I'll be looking forward to meeting you.

Via Email... They mentioned that there were 10 slots for UCI during the questions portion of the interview. As for how many that got in so far, I know that myself and alexpostbacc so far...

I know I was so happy! said they were gonna have around 10 spots. Congrats PUSHPraise!

Last edited:
I know I was so happy! They called like 30 mins after my interview so I was still on the campus. ;D and yeah they said they were gonna have around 10 spots. Congrats PUSHPraise!

@ alexpostbacc22 AND PUSHpraise: do you guys mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

I know I was so happy! They called like 30 mins after my interview so I was still on the campus. ;D and yeah they said they were gonna have around 10 spots. Congrats PUSHPraise!

Hey Bro, Thanks! I know, I can't wait to meet the rest.

@ alexpostbacc22 AND PUSHpraise: do you guys mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

Nontrad85, sometimes is not all about stats (although it helps in screening the potential candidates from the rest of the app pool). What I BELIEVE they look for is whether or not you deem ready and prepared to be successful for their program. In addition, whether or not if you are a URM/Socio-economic disadvantaged student. If you meet their guidelines of BCPM GPA of 2.8-3.0 you are more than highly qualified, as well as fulfilling all their requirements of being URM/Socio-economic etc.

To answer your question, I guess for me what really sold them are your personal statements and letter of recommendations. If you have stellar recommendations from people that can vouch for an awesome person you are, this will definitely earn you some interest amongst the committee. In addition, many people have a lot of life experiences that make them stand out more than the rest. Lastly, if they are interested in you, (the hardest part at least for me) they will grant you an interview. To be able to speak coherently (without pausing and filing in with "ummms" as which I am prone to do) is a plus for them. As for my stats (PPM me).

I hope this helps. Don't be weary, because other UC consortium will look out for similar things, and may have a "particular type of student" they are honing for. Again, be patient and have faith. Remember, April 11 is not even here yet and many people are still working on their applications or have yet to submit it. From people that I known that got in last few years, they tend to wait till late April and mid may to be notifying for interviews and acceptance (Again, I could be wrong, this is what I'm told from my counselors and speaking to people that have gone through it). Good luck!!!

hey guys, my gf is applying this year for the UC postbac. Have any of you used interfolio to send the letters, or do they have to be directly from the source?

I had an interview at Irvine this week and still have yet to hear back =/

@ leehom- don't stress, if you had an interview is generally a good sign. You'll find out soon...

Hey guys,

I applied as well. I was complete last week.

Hey guys!

I finished my application in the end of February and just got my last letter of recommendation sent out. Sad I had to wait so long to turn in the LOR, but I hope it doesn't hurt my chances too badly! I applied to Davis, SD, and SF. Anyone heard anything back from those schools yet?

Nope. I haven't heard from any of those schools. I believe the deadline is barely today :oops:

Hey guys!

I finished my application in the end of February and just got my last letter of recommendation sent out. Sad I had to wait so long to turn in the LOR, but I hope it doesn't hurt my chances too badly! I applied to Davis, SD, and SF. Anyone heard anything back from those schools yet?

I haven't heard from them and my application was complete the first week of March.

Any one hear from schools? Does UCSF conduct interviews. I got admitted to a post bac program in the the east coast but I would love to stay near family.

I only know from UCSD website that they have started interviewing.

Congrats on east coast admission! Do you mind sharing what program you got in? I only applied to UCs and regret it now.

I got into Cornell. Its really expensive and far from family so I am hoping the UC schools will start conducting their interviews soon.
I only know from UCSD website that they have started interviewing.

Congrats on east coast admission! Do you mind sharing what program you got in? I only applied to UCs and regret it now.

OT: ahh UCI - what fond memories - You guys will enjoy it there :)

If any of you have any general questions about UCI (classes, profs, study spots, etc...), I'd be willing to share my knowledge (via PM since I'll get the e-mail notifications).

mmm I wonder why UCI was able to interview and accept people into their program weeks ago, while the other UCs have not contacted applicants yet (to my knowledge) :oops:

UCI had an earlier deadline -- at the end of Feb. That's why some people are already getting interviews All the other UCs have April deadlines (UCD is in May, even, I believe).

Last edited:
hey everyone!

So i was offered an interview at UCSD this coming Friday! So nervous but excited at the same time! I was wondering if anyone has any insight on what the interviews are like there?? Any type of help would be very much appreciated!

Congrats, creole queen!
Can you share when you submitted your application and
how you were offered an interview (via email or phone)?
I submitted mine on 4/11 and havent got any interview invitation yet :(
Thanks!

Congrats! The interviews are relaxed, so don't be nervous. Be prepared, be confident, smile, and hope for the best. I interviewed at UCI, and the interview consisted of questions regarding your interest in medicine, your academic background and research, and your personal history. MAke sure they know you are excited and very very interested in their program. Good luck!!! :)

Congrats, creole queen!
Can you share when you submitted your application and
how you were offered an interview (via email or phone)?
I submitted mine on 4/11 and havent got any interview invitation yet :(
Thanks!
dkim4429,

thanks! I submitted my application 4/13, and was offered an interview via email on 4/19. It said they did a preliminary review of my application, which I was really surprised about because most of my materials didn't arrive until the day before and all my LORs aren't even in yet. I wouldn't worry too much though! They get crazy amounts of apps and are still sorting through them all. Keep hope alive!

Congrats! The interviews are relaxed, so don't be nervous. Be prepared, be confident, smile, and hope for the best. I interviewed at UCI, and the interview consisted of questions regarding your interest in medicine, your academic background and research, and your personal history. MAke sure they know you are excited and very very interested in their program. Good luck!!! :)
thanks for the heads up! I feel a little more at ease now!

Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard from any other UC's?

Hello Everyone,

I have also applied to the program at UCSF, UCSD, & UCD. I was wondering if emailing/calling the office to find out if they are still sending out will be okay. I was thinking to email the director of UCSD post bacc but I am not sure if it will be okay. I just want to know if they are still sending out interviews.

Thanks!

Hello MAria. My friend was anxious and called UCD. They are still sending out interviews. It actually seems like those 3 UCs just started sending out interviews at the end of last week. I would wait until Friday and they check on them then.

Hey Guys,

So I heard from a friend of mine, that UC Davis is granting interviews as of now. My friend's interview is on Tuesday, and from what I heard from her, there will be 3 candidates interviewing with the admission committee at the same time/time slot (I can be wrong, I'm just quoting her). So the interviews are presumably on a rolling basis, taken into consideration that their application is due May 13th according to their website. Please be patient, I know it can be very nerve wrecking while waiting. :)

Last edited: