UC schools application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jot

sorry - i just haven't been able to get a solid answer on this - if one has submitted the amcas app, do any of the UC schools require using the UC app as well? i'm applying to sd,sf,la. i'm not going to bother if they don't require it (oddly enough, i'm impressed with amcas speed - we'll see how long that lasts), i heard that ucsf requires it. any defiante answers on this issue? thanks a lot.
-jot

Members don't see this ad.

Last year they asked for the UC App to be filled out just because of the extended time it was taking AMCAS to get their stuff together. I think if it's moving fast this year, they'll probably drop it and stick with AMCAS only. There was talk about becoming a non-AMCAS system but i don't think anything came of it. But if they do ask you to do the UC app, it's really quick and easy. Almost the same stuff as AMCAS, just a bitch to re-enter the classes and so on. --Trek

UCSF definitely requires it; they state it on the website.

yes, ucsf. the others are not necessary as far as i know (you should check on their websites to be certain). i will probably send one in to ucsf and any other school that allows it.