UCBSO app question

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alferec

Future Army OD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that Berkeley has a single interview date? So does that mean there is no advantage if I was to submit my app early? (i.e. would I have less of a chance for an interview spot if I submitted my app in late November/early December?)

Members don't see this ad.

The single interview day is true. Your assumptions about applicant advantage is also probably true, but turning it in early may give you some peace of mind. I also got a checklist of things missing from my application that were due before Dec 15, so that was also a plus, since they require all materials be received by that date.

-p.dot

hi, i have some more Q's regarding ucb application process

1. is ucb interview in group or private since they have to go through so many candidates in one day.
2. is the interview ususally held sometime in Feb
3. what is ucb looking for in terms of a good candidate? i've heard people with high gpa and high oat score but got rejected.

thanks!!!

1. Interviews are individual and are open-file. You will be interviewed by 1 faculty member and 1 (usu. 3rd yr) student. It lasts 30 mintues, w/o a set question list (so come prepared with q's of your own).
2. Interview Day was mid-Feb this year; I imagine it will be around the same time next year.
3. Early Admissions is based almost entirely on grades and OAT scores. In general, you can't go wrong with a high GPA and OAT score; but, like any other program, sometimes they really like a particular candidate with other experiences, so grades are no guarantee for acceptance.
* Oh, I thought of a good reason for turning in your app early: if you have high grades/OAT, you can be considered for early admissions! (not my case, so I can't really give you a pulse on that process)
Als, check out Rosanna's UCBSO FAQ thread; it's got some very useful stuff there.

-p.dot