UCBSO Phone interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonlightrhyme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email saying I have the option of having a phone interview or an onsite interview since the school is determining if I am Early Acceptance eligible. Did anyone here do the phone interview? Should I choose the phone one or just go to the onsite one? The letter says that I will still be considered an Early Acceptance candidate even if I go to the onsite interview...what does that mean? Also, does it mean I dont need to write the essay if I choose the phone interview? Anyone here been through the same situation? Thank you~! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I am also invited to the interview, though not for early admission. Do you mind telling us your grade and OAT score? I know only the top 10 % applicants are considered for early admission, so congratulations!

Congratulations on your interviews guys, and good luck! Hope to see you next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the phone interview a couple weeks ago for early admit, i found it easier and less stressfull than onsite interviews, but its up to you

well i guess my stats are ok, i have a 3.7 and 370

weezer, what kinds of questions was asked over the phone? what about the essay part, do we jus skip it ?

they just asked me more about what i wrote in my essays that were asked in the application.. and i didnt have to write an essay. If you are going to UCB for the interview you should ask Sharon if you have to write one.

How long is the phone interview? Anyone else has had phone interview? Why does UCBSO has "early acceptance" but also phone interview at the same time? Thx.

the phone interview was like 30 minutes long,

early acceptance basically means that if you are one of their top applicants then they will consider accepting you early by holding a phone interview. If that goes well then they will accept you earlier, which is different from the interview day where everyone comes in to interview.

icewater said:
How long is the phone interview? Anyone else has had phone interview? Why does UCBSO has "early acceptance" but also phone interview at the same time? Thx.

I had my phone interview about a month ago and even though they said phone interviews are usually 40 minutes long, mine took only 15 minutes. I personally didn't like the phone interview just because I think judging people purely based on what they sound like on the phone is not the best way to select students. They asked me a couple questions regarding something that I wrote in my essay that pertains to why I want to become an optometrist but that's about it. GOOD LUCK!!