UCDavis Hotel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axeon123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - I'm looking at the list of UC Davis hotels - http://www2.dcn.org/davis/biz/travel - just wondering if any interviewers have an opinion for which hotel is comfortable but not expensive, and is close to the school. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Those hotels in the link won't work if you're visiting for med school interviews. UC Davis is in the city of Davis. Med school interviews would be held in Sacramento, an upwards of 30 minutes away via highway depending on the time of day.

There's a Mariott right on the medical campus in Sacramento. I personally stayed at the Deville Motel which is around a 5 minute walk away. It's not the greatest but it was only $50 or so per night so I saved some money. My interviewer kinda snickered when I told him where I stayed but he was an ophthalmologist so he probably had a little more spending money :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a Mariott right on the medical campus in Sacramento. I personally stayed at the Deville Motel which is around a 5 minute walk away. It's the greatest but it was only $50 or so per night so I saved some money. My interviewer kinda snickered when I told him where I stayed but he was an ophthalmologist so he probably had a little more spending money :rolleyes:

Haha, thanks! Was it quiet, comfortable (not too dry), clean? I stayed at some hotel at Michigan and it was so dry I couldn't sleep well that night. Did not realize the school was in Sacramento, I thought it was natural for the hotels to be 20+ min away from Davis.

Haha, thanks! Was it quiet, comfortable (not too dry), clean? I stayed at some hotel at Michigan and it was so dry I couldn't sleep well that night. Did not realize the school was in Sacramento, I thought it was natural for the hotels to be 20+ min away from Davis.

lol You're a lot more sensitive than me. I don't noticed any of that stuff. I drove up with my parents and pretty much went to sleep after a few hours. I'm pretty flexible so I didn't have any complaints (except there were few 3-prong plugs; I had to unplug the fridge to use my laptop).

Check hotwire. I got a decent place (Red Lion Inn), a 10 minute drive away, for $57.

Water's free in a hotel. Just crank up the shower and go to bed. The steam should keep you hydrated AND get out wrinkles in your suit.

You can thank me later.

Water's free in a hotel. Just crank up the shower and go to bed. The steam should keep you hydrated AND get out wrinkles in your suit.

You can thank me later.

lol - that is true, but I feel bad wasting water throughout the whole night. That's a good idea, though; if that happens next time I'll let it run for the few hours before I sleep :)

lol - that is true, but I feel bad wasting water throughout the whole night. That's a good idea, though; if that happens next time I'll let it run for the few hours before I sleep :)
Ooo... that's a good idea too. I have to admit that I never thought of turning the water off eventually. That would certainly make less of a racket throughout the night.

The Courtyard is literally 30 seconds walk from the med school. A lot of us stayed there during my interview day.