UCF vs FAU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gogators941

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I’m having some trouble deciding between the two schools.
FAU
pro:
I’m local and from Boca Raton. So I can stay with my parents.
The atmosphere seems great and the students seem really happy
I can still work with the doctors I have been for the past two years
Cons:
Won’t expand my comfort zone
With step 1 now being pass/ fail I don’t know how rankings will effect it

UCF
Pro
Very transparent admin
Match list looks strong
Their research mandate can help me stand out
Incredibly cheap tuition
Building a new teaching hospital
Cons
I will be away from home but not too far
Their rotations are all around Florida currently but they are trying to go back to Orlando health

Any advice would be much appreciated
 
Hey guys I’m having some trouble deciding between the two schools.
FAU
pro:
I’m local and from Boca Raton. So I can stay with my parents.
The atmosphere seems great and the students seem really happy
I can still work with the doctors I have been for the past two years
Cons:
Won’t expand my comfort zone
With step 1 now being pass/ fail I don’t know how rankings will effect it

UCF
Pro
Very transparent admin
Match list looks strong
Their research mandate can help me stand out
Incredibly cheap tuition
Building a new teaching hospital
Cons
I will be away from home but not too far
Their rotations are all around Florida currently but they are trying to go back to Orlando health

Any advice would be much appreciated
im in the same boat as you... cant decide
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad