UCF vs USF SELECT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123xyz123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am OOS so these are about the same cost. Would love to hear opinions especially from Florida residents that may be more familiar with these schools! It's very important to me how happy the students are/quality of life. If you have any insight please comment! thanks!
edit:
I am pretty set on peds or family medicine

UCF
Pros
  • Great area in lake nona (prefer suburb)
  • Everyone seems happy
  • Easy to do research (required)
  • Admin are awesome

Cons
  • Letter grading
  • Lost clinical sites in orlando so now have to travel out for third year (but may be kinda fun to travel depending on where?)

USF SELECT
Pros
  • Tampa for two years near beach
  • SELECT certificate sounds cool

Cons
  • Have to move half way through to PA (hate cold weather)
  • letter grading but they use honors/ high pass instead of ABC
  • Had a large SOAP last year

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Florida resident here! I have heard the select program is really good for developing primary care physicians (both your specialities of interest). USF is a higher ranked medical school though the gap probably isn’t too big between the two. Family med and peds aren’t super competitive specialities so either school would prepare you match into a great residency I would think. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with, I went to UCF undergrad and did research at the Lake Nona campus and also live near Tampa so I can offer more insight into both!

Reactions: 1 user