UCF

Started by MadmaxDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MadmaxDPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back from UCF? I've heard from every other school I've applied to except them which I thought was odd because I did my undergrad at UCF. I know they hold interviews in December, so I called them yesterday and The admissions counselor told me that she was "unable to tell me the status of my application because of the size of the applicant pool"...weird. Ive been accepted to NOVA and offered interviews at a few other schools, but I would at least like the chance to interview at UCF. I just did not expect this from my alma mater
 
Has anyone heard back from UCF? I've heard from every other school I've applied to except them which I thought was odd because I did my undergrad at UCF. I know they hold interviews in December, so I called them yesterday and The admissions counselor told me that she was "unable to tell me the status of my application because of the size of the applicant pool"...weird. Ive been accepted to NOVA and offered interviews at a few other schools, but I would at least like the chance to interview at UCF. I just did not expect this from my alma mater
I'm wondering the same thing man maybe they're still reviewing all the applications. Hopefully people will post here whenever they get an interview invite
 
I agree I am surprised I haven't heard anything from UCF yet, especially because their deadline date was early along with UM.

In the second email that I received from them they listed interview dates, which one of them was November 20th. Which makes me think they have already contacted some applicants with interview invitations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back from UCF? I've heard from every other school I've applied to except them which I thought was odd because I did my undergrad at UCF. I know they hold interviews in December, so I called them yesterday and The admissions counselor told me that she was "unable to tell me the status of my application because of the size of the applicant pool"...weird. Ive been accepted to NOVA and offered interviews at a few other schools, but I would at least like the chance to interview at UCF. I just did not expect this from my alma mater

I went to UCF for my undergrad as well and got the call yesterday for a December 16th interview. But I am actually reapplying as I was not accepted last year. Last year I was called for the final interview date and didn't receive that call until January. I don't know if they prioritize applicants but I do know of someone who was interviewed on the 20th and has already been accepted.
 
When I got my 2nd email from them listing the dates, it sounded like they were waiting for me to submit my academic update for this semester before they decide so I have yet to hear back from them. Maybe that could be the case with some of you?
 
I have an interview at UCF on the 16th of December got the call about 2 weeks ago. Don't know if that helps at all
 
I applied in August and haven't heard a thing. Not even an email recognizing that they received my application, which every other school I've applied to has. And I'm an alumni.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone who got interviews or accepted, how were your stats? UCF is my top choice and I want to see how I compare!
 
That's great! What kind of questions did they ask if you don't mind me asking?
  1. Why do you want to be a Physical Therapist?
  2. What current world issues do you follow?
  3. If you are struggling academically in the program what are you going to do?
  4. If you do not get into a PT program what will you do while you wait for the next cycle?
  5. What do you do on your spare time?
  6. What leisure activities do you enjoy?
  7. If you see a student struggle in the program, what do you do?
  8. What type of community effect do you do?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What kind of stats did you have?
cGPA- 3.44
pGPA- 3.27 and UCF calculation pGPA 3.91
Last 60 GPA- 3.85
GRE Q-152 V-147 AW-4
Volunteer hours- 400 hrs
Extracurricular activities- 6 years as an active nurse (LPN), amateur power lifter, health promoter at substance abuse clinics
 
Congrats, so did I! Did they mention during the interview how far through the wait list they typically get? I know they talked about it during mine I just don't recall specifically.
I never asked but I have read all around the forum it is stated they usually go to their third tier. Yet, I am not holding my breath since I was waitlisted at different school in their top 10 and little movement occured.
 
Congrats, so did I! Did they mention during the interview how far through the wait list they typically get? I know they talked about it during mine I just don't recall specifically.

Samantha said that they have gone into the second tier for something like the last five years. Stay positive, I wouldn't worry on the first tier!