1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UCI and USC

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by uclaguy32, Dec 12, 2005.

1. uclaguy32

uclaguy32 Member
    5+ Year Member

I interviewed at UCI and was placed on the waitlist. I really want to go there. Do you guys recommend me sending a follow up letter of intent?

Also, after interviewing at USC, how did you guys here back if you were accepted or rejected? Does the status page change?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dakota

Dakota Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    For 'SC, the status page does not change. An acceptance comes as a packet in a big envelope. Good luck.

4. darthalvaro

darthalvaro Member
    5+ Year Member

For UCI you should totally send a follow up letter of intent. It may take a while to get off the wait list but during that time keep them posted of any changes or achievements you have accomplished. I was in your position last year and I wrote 4 letters. Each time I updated the admissions committee about anything new in my life (awards, community service experiences, etc. ) and my continued desire to attend. In the end it paid off and now I finished my first quarter at UCI. So do not be discourage just go for it and give it your best.