UCI vs USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mas_dumas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the reputation at UCI is like compared to USC? I like the county setting of USC and location is preferred. I was not sure what to make of UCI after my interview there. Everything was very nice and clean, but I did not get a sense of what the clinical training is like there. Does anyone have an opinion?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i think the two are comparable and you can't really go wrong choosing one over the other. the style of the two programs is very different, and at USC you'll definately get the county experience. the clinical experience at USC is probably a little better but the downside being that you are working a lot harder and more scut. UCI is probably a little more balanced, you aren't going to get the same clinical experience but you do get some VA, some private, and probably more time to read and do research if you like. reputation wise, both are similar in my opinion.

mas_dumas said:
Does anyone know what the reputation at UCI is like compared to USC? I like the county setting of USC and location is preferred. I was not sure what to make of UCI after my interview there. Everything was very nice and clean, but I did not get a sense of what the clinical training is like there. Does anyone have an opinion?
Thanks!