Ucinci

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those people who are out of state and interviewed there, how did you get from the airport to the school? It says that its 2 hours away, do they have shuttles or something?

Members don't see this ad.

BrettBatchelor said:
What airport are you flying into?

I assume Cinci airport (CVG) is the closest? I have no idea about kentucky/ohio. What is the best way to this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes CVG. The airport has a shuttle to downtown cincy one way $15 and $25 two-way. It says it is 13 mi from downtown so I don't know where 2 hrs came from.

The shuttle info came from the airport website. A rental car or a cab might be best.

BrettBatchelor said:
Yes CVG. The airport has a shuttle to downtown cincy one way $15 and $25 two-way. It says it is 13 mi from downtown so I don't know where 2 hrs came from.

The shuttle info came from the airport website. A rental car or a cab might be best.

Now I know why you got voted most helpful :thumbup:

BOBODR said:
For those people who are out of state and interviewed there, how did you get from the airport to the school? It says that its 2 hours away, do they have shuttles or something?

I think the 2 hours thing is just to scare you and make sure you aren't late.

I rented a car...it took me about a half hour to get there, with light traffic.

BOBODR said:
I assume Cinci airport (CVG) is the closest? I have no idea about kentucky/ohio. What is the best way to this school?

I think CVG is actually in Kentucky
It isn't too far though

GA Girl said:
I think CVG is actually in Kentucky
It isn't too far though

CVG is in Kentucky. As others have said, if you rent a car or hire a taxi, it is about 30 minutes to the medical school under good conditions. I'm certain they tell you two hours so you won't be late if traffic/transportation is less than optimal.

God I hate CVG...it's $300-400 ONE-WAY to fly from California. However, if I fly into Dayton it's only 150. And the funny thing is, the flight has to transfer at CVG!! So guess what I did? :p

FYI, you could potentially fly into Louisville (SDF) and rent a car to Cincy. It would be approximately 1hr to 1.5 hrs of easy highway driving but it might save you some cash. Check that out.

Also check for Delta/Comair flights since CVG is their hub.

amk25a said:
Did you rent a car from Dayton or just fly the one leg? I have a similar problem. Detroit to CVG flies through Chicago and costs $350. Chicago to CVG flies through Detroit and costs only $250. I called the airline to discuss this and I was told if I buy the Chicago-Detroit-CVG and don't fly the first leg, the rest of the itinerary is automatically cancelled. Hmmm...

I bought the ticket to Dayton, then "got off" at Cincinnati when it transferred there. I mean, if I'm going to Cincinnati, why would I continue with the flight? It's just ******ed that it would have cost twice as much if I wanted to terminate the flight at CVG.

BrettBatchelor said:
Also check for Delta/Comair flights since CVG is their hub.

Doesn't help, Brett. Comair has very limited locations, and Delta's tickets are "market price".