UCLA Admissions Protocol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BruinCat86

Hey all,

I called the Admissions Office today and asked about my file (its been about 6 weeks since my interview) and she told me that once my file is reviewed a decision will be made. I asked the lady to clarify (in a nice way) if that meant that your file is only reviewed once before a decision is made and she replied yes.

However, how does this explain people who have interviewd (say late January/early Feb) having decisions already made? Are file reviews done by something other than interview date?

I know some people who interviewed in November and perhaps earlier haven't heard anything at all either so if you guys know why, please let me know?

This waiting really sucks but I kinda want some closure :(

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed in october and haven't heard anything!

and UCLA is my #1 choice!

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA!!!, where art thoug :confused::cry:

Even before the interview, everyone is placed into different subcommittee's. From there, your subcommittee will meet to discuss your file. If you subcommittee is more on the ball, your decision will probably come out sooner.

The faculty member who interviewed you has to be physically present at the admissions committee meeting to present you. Not every member goes to every meeting.

The faculty member who interviewed you has to be physically present at the admissions committee meeting to present you. Not every member goes to every meeting.

Nice to know the process goes so smoothly. But that is the cost of a $60 secondary I guess.

But then after your subcommittee meets, your application goes to a second committee to be reviewed, right?